tracking bounces and unsubscribes

Hi,

I am new to bulk mailer (V8.3.9). A great application !
I track through MLM, but do not get statistics for bounces (pls see screenshot)

- how can I track bounces ?
- how can I track unsubscribes (the current link for unsubscribes we use works well, but does not seem to be tracked: <a href="http://www.pappy.ch/news/lm/lm.php?cmd=unsubscribe&email=[E-mail Address]">

Thanks, Robert

Thanks,

I do not understand how to use email bounce handler with MLM - and could not find the setup instructions for it. could you help ?

I use eMail bounce Handler to extract the bounces from my inbox, then create a list which I upload to MLM (using the MLM List sceen on my browser. I select the "delete" option before upload, which cleans my MLM List of the bounced emails.

This works to clean the Lists, however, the bounces are not tracked.
Could you tell me how to set it up to track the bounces ?

Robert

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
All you have to do is to enter the MLM settings in the eMail Bounce Handler preferences, then use the software as usual. The preferences are the same as the one in MaxBulk Mailer, MLM URL, user ID and password.

Hi Stan,

thanks for the advice; unsubscribe tracking works fine now.
One more Questions: I set up email bounce handler and could get the tracking to work within MaxBulk Mailer, but the bounces are not tracked when I log in to MLM through a browser. (pls see screenshots)
How do I set this up correctly ? (In email Bounce Handler , I entered the same path, ID, Password under Settings/ Remote Lists as in MaxBulkMailer for MLM)

Thanks,

Robert

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I can see bounces in your screenshot. That means eMail Bounce Handler is doing its job.

Yes, the bounces are visible in the panel of MaxBulk mailer. But they do not show up in the MLM panel when loving in to MLN with a browser. How do I get the bounces to show up there ?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Look at the 'lm_admin.php' file the line:

if ( $line[4] == "bounces" ) { $count_bounces++; }

and replace it with

if ( $line[4] == "bounce" ) { $count_bounces++; }

Does this change fix your problem?

Thanks Stan,
That did the trick. I changed the line above and bounces now show up in the MLM web interface the same way they show in MaxBulk Mailer / Statistics.