text scaling

daryosh

Hi,

after last update (MacOS), the text inside my mails no longer scale to the size of the window. It wasnt a problem before. Anybody know, what that is about? Is it a bug? Will it be removed back to scaling again?

daryosh

What i mean is, there is no scaling line break there anymore. The text seems fixed as it is. That is as well in the preview as also in sent mails.
So if you wanna read everything, you have ether to scroll sideways or you have to change screen settings in worst cases.

In the versions before, you were able to vary size of the reading window the way you like and still, everything was displayed.

I hope its clearer now.

Maybe its something i am doing wrong, but i tried lots of possibilities and nothing worked. The problem didnt occur before the last update.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
That has nothing to do with MaxBulk Mailer, the software sends messages as usual and nothing has been changed. It has to be a setting in your mail reader (I believe).

daryosh

Hmm...maybe. However, this doesn't explain the problem within the preview of maxbulk...

Second of all, i'm getting those reports from readers with different mail progs.

Could it be caused by paste and copy?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The preview of MaxBulk Mailer is made with Webkit, the Safari HTML rendering engine. MaxBulk Mailer simply asks Safari HTML library to render your message code/text. Scaling is a client thing, I mean, it is something that happens on the client software. ... If you can send me a screenshot, I can confirm that (or not).

daryosh

Maybe this helps. Its two views of MaxBulk Preview. Former previews did scale, no matter how big window size was. Now, i simply cant read the rest of the text within narrow views.

daryosh

Same thing with displaying the mail within mac mail. As i get reported, Outlook does it the same way. Didnt occur before.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, it looks like there is something broken in your system. MaxBulk Mailer has no code to scale the text, this is done automatically done by the operating system.

I recommend you to download Onyx. It is a tool that can help you fix problems on your system. Go to the 'Automation' panel, select all the options and click on the 'Execute' button. Then restart your computer and check if your problem has been fixed.

If your problem has not been fixed you will have to run the tasks manually. Note that you will be asked to reboot after each task. There is no need to do that, just reboot once you have run all the tasks.

Maintenance panel
- Run the permissions reparation from the first sub-panel by clicking on 'Execute'.
- Select the 'Daily', 'Weekly' and 'Monthly' scripts from the 'Scripts' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Select 'LaunchServices' and 'dyld's from the 'Rebuild' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button. (You can also select to rebuild the Spotlight Index).

Cleaning panel
- Check everything from the 'System' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check everything from the 'User' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check 'Browser Cache' and 'Download Cache' from the 'Internet' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check 'System and Users' from the 'Fonts' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check everything from the 'Logs' sub-panel *BUT* 'Conversations log of instant messaging' and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check 'Recent Items', 'Obsolete items' and 'Previous 'iTunes Libraries' from the 'Misc' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.

Not sure it will fix your problem but I got very weird issues fixed with Onyx myself.