• Next Maxprog online event is scheduled to go live soon!

    You can attend the event here: live.maxprog.com
    You can already ask questions on the very same page.

    You can also add the event to your calendar by clicking on Add to Calendar
    or click on the YouTube button to subscribe to our channel.
  • Customer ideas and suggestions are our fuel!

    To allow you to submit feature requests hassle-free we just created a Feature Request page.
    You can access it here: feedback.maxprog.com/

    That page gives you access to all the feature requests that have been submitted so far, and,
    + You can upvote feature requests
    + You can subscribe to feature requests
    + You can check a feature request status

Text encoding

belbernard

New Member
Email Extractor messes up all current character encodings.
I tried Unicode UTF8 (which should be the default setting), UTF16, ISO Latin and MacOS Roman: all resulted in garbage names when characters are not plain English, e.g.:
"Hélène Martin <helene.martin@somedomain>"
 

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
eMail Extractor is UTF-8 native, that means UTF-8 is is favorite encoding. However it is possible eMail Extractor is not detecting the file as such. Try to set your file encoding to UTF-8 with BOM or Mac OS Roman with Text Wrangler.
 

belbernard

New Member
stanbusk said:
eMail Extractor is UTF-8 native, that means UTF-8 is is favorite encoding. However it is possible eMail Extractor is not detecting the file as such. Try to set your file encoding to UTF-8 with BOM or Mac OS Roman with Text Wrangler.
This is an example of input that does not work:
http://sldr.org/doc/tmp/adr-utf8.txt.zip
(needs to be unzipped)

Using Smultron I checked that this input is perfect UTF-8. The text output reads as "ISO-Latin" and it has wrong encodings. Both Smultron and TextEdit refuse to recognize it as UTF-8. Excell also converts it to a table that has wrong encodings.
 
Top