Subscribe/unsubscribe always returns "Please select list"

bijank

I have tried several reinstalls of MLM in the newest version but have not been able to get it to work properly.

MLM is using MySQL and most is working flawlessly except for the HTML-based subscribe/unsubscribe function.

All lists show up properly but even if I select one, as soon as I press "Submit" an error message is returned stating "Sorry but we can't process your request. Please fix the following issues: You have to select a list". The resulting list of message lists is now empty.

However, a list had originally been selected! The field was not empty.

I have tried to debug the PHP script and it seems that my servers is treating all variables as "undefined".

Can somebody suggest a route out of this?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Subscribe/unsubscribe always returns "Please select list

Are you using one of the templates in the lm/html/ folder? Which one?

bijank

I have tried using both of the "auto" templates, both multiple and single. It does not seem to matter which one I choose.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

Did you modify the template to use the right list? You can also add ?list=LIST_NAME to the template URL.

bijank

Thanks, no I haven't. I wasn't aware that the "Auto" templates also need to be updated as the lists do show up properly on the first load of the page.

Just when I click on submit they disappear and MLM complains.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

What is disappearing, the data in the fields?

bijank

1. Unedited "auto_multiple/auto_single" load properly and display the correct lists for selection.
2. Selection is made, clicked on "submit".
3. MLM responds: "Error: you need to select a list" and empties the list of mailing lists that had been populated properly just before.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

What link are you using right now?