Stats Blank

bribri

i've read numerous posts on here, and spent too many hours trying to figure this out. so i'm just going to ask about my specific issue.

somehow, i got the mlm properly installed (it seems) and fiddled around with it. all of the links in my html email have a stats tracking code and open up the correct webpage that each link refers to. the only thing is, when i check the stats, no information comes up, the stats are completely blank. yes, i checked the box next to the email i sent via mbm. the emails are sent using local lists imported into mbm (i can't successfully upload remote lists manually or through mbm). what's happening here? it seems as if there is a disconnect between the links being tracked by the server and then being seen by mlm. but it does appear that mlm is actually connecting to the server. ideas? thanks for your help!

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried to get the statistics with a web browser? The URL would be:

SCRIPT_PATH/lm/lm.php?cmd=getclicks&pwd=YOUR_PASSWORD&delivery=DELIVERY_NUM

What do you get?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
That means not stat has been recorded for the delivery you have selected. Are you sure click-through tracking is activated in MaxBulk Mailer preferences?

bribri

i've attached an image and as you can see i do have that activated. that's why i'm so confused. it should be working, but isn't! any ideas?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Did you check it before sending the message? What format are you using for your messages? Is is Plain Text, Styled Text or HTML?

bribri

yes i checked it before i sent. i've sent several tests to two of my email addresses, and no stats appear. i send them all as text|html emails. i use dreamweaver to design it and copy/paste straight from that into the message window. i've attached what the stats window looks like after i've selected a couple of emails.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Have you looked at the message source? Is the message placed in your spam box? When a message is placed in your mail reader spam box no stat is recorded.

bribri

no it's not going to spam. i checked both emails and it's fine. i'm not sure what else to do. i've already tried to reinstall mlm and that didn't do anything. i hope you're not stumped by this one!! lol

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
If you can see remote lists selecting 'Remote Lists' from lists pull-down menu, you should also be able to record statistics. Also, are you able to subscribe yourself to a list? Does it work properly?

bribri

i can see 'remote lists' on the pull-down menu, but i don't have any because i was unable to upload lists through mbm and unable to do it manually either. when i tried to upload manually, it would say it had successfully uploaded the list, but it wasn't able to read any emails. so effectively, the list would have zero emails. it failed. but i should be able to see stats from local lists, list sent from my computer, correct?

i'm not sure what you mean by subscribe myself to a list. you mean through mlm? my own email is on a list in mbm on my computer. that's how i send myself the emails, obviously. but i have not tried to subscribe any email. do i have to subscribe emails before i see stats?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
No, it is just to test that MLM is correctly installed. You can use the default form you get at '/lm/html/'. It will allow you to subscribe to a test list. Please try and let me know if you can subscribe properly.

bribri

looks like you're on to something here. i use the form to subscribe and i am sent a confirmation email with a link. when i click the link to confirm the subscription, i get this error:

Error: Subscription failure
We're sorry, but your subscription to the list(s) 'list1' has failed due to a server error. Please wait a while and try again. If the problem persists please contact us at [email protected].

[: ]

so i assume it's not installed correct? If not, that's strange because i followed the instructions, or thought i did!

bribri

honestly, i don't know what mysql is. i just installed via mlm and typed in all the username/password and server info for it to connect. what should i do?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You should know that since it is a very important part of the installation. What did you select, to store the data as text file or in a mySQL database?

bribri

yes, my sincerest apologies! thank you so much for your help and patience. but if i get a couple of tips i'm sure i can make it work. i installed it as mysql but i left the database field blank. maybe that is where the problem is. what info is supposed to go there? the name of the folder to which it is installed?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You need the mySQL server address, the database name, your User ID and Password. If you don't know that data you will have to contact your server support. Note that your account ID and password should be for a full access account, I mean, an account that lets you read, write data and create tables. Also note that many web hosting companies offer a panel control that lets you access and set mySQL preferences. Usually you can get your access data there.

bribri

ok so i found the mysql server database info, put that info in, and did a reinstall. so that issue seems to be fixed but has created another, larger one. i'm having problems with the links in the emails. when i click, they don't do anything. the links look like this:

applewebdata://CAA (string of letters/numbers)/lm/lm.php?tk=(string of letters/numbers)&url=(whatever the url is)

but in the URL, it removes the : and // symbols, i assume rendering it ineffective, not a real URL.

i go to check the stats in mlm and it gives me the error:

The URL is not valid. lm/lm.php?cmd=getclicks&pwd (etc)

what happened?