Split Transaction: Tabbing and Input

Jade

ICash continues to be a stellar product.

I was wondering if it would be possible to enhance the Split Transaction screen to function more like the regular transaction input screen. This would enable users to tab between fields instead of only being able to click on the field arrow key for drop down menus. I like to be able to tab between fields and have autofill available. Tabbing is available between the comment and amount fields, but not between the payee, project and origin account. I think this would speed up the input process.

Hopefully this example will make it clearer.

On the TRANSACTION SCREEN, currently 2 options are available to input the field:

Option A:
If I use the drop down target account list it would have GENERAL BUSINESS EXPENSE and then a number of selections such as OFFICE.

If I type O it doesn't take me to office, but to the heading OTHER ASSETS. I need to type GE and then it drops me down to GENERAL BUSINESS EXPENSE and I have to arrow down to select OFFICE.
This is handy when I forget the name of the account or want to add a new one. It is more time consuming to mouse and select or mouse and type, especially if the list is quite long as mine is.

Option B:
If I choose NOT TO use the list, I can type O and OFFICE appears in the field.
This makes input quick and very simple as I don't have to move my hand to use the mouse for anything.

On the SPLIT TRANSACTION SCREEN:

I can only use the drop down menu option, which is the more time consuming of the 2 processes.

This would not be a big deal, but almost all of my business transactions require me to split them to handle tax and other portioning. I love how the split function works compared to using the Grouping option, but anything that can speed up my input process even more is always appreciated.

Thanks.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Note that you can add transactions in the transactions panel, select them and group them. That will create a split from the transaction panel.