SORRY.. HELP NEEDED

logic001

Hey all,

Ok I use maxmailer about once a week to send circa 5K emails. I get about 800returns and I need to clean up my lists.

I dont really understand the full process. Sorry i got some very basic questions...

(1) Do I need to send a message first before using max mailer or other mailer or does bounce handler actually send the mail? Or does bouce mail check each each email without sending an email.

(2) When I dredge a file, Ive chosen from a text file. Should the file Im attaching be my list of email addresses. Good and bad.

I did this and this msg up

9/28 10:56:08 ~ Status: Connecting to smtpout.secureserver.net (POP3) Port: 3535 Security: None
9/28 10:56:08 ~ Status: Unhandled response - 220 smtpauth11.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net ESMTP

Sorry I know this is all very basis stuff.

Best
Paul

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
(1) Do I need to send a message first before using max mailer or other mailer or does bounce handler actually send the mail? Or does bouce mail check each each email without sending an email.
You send your message with MaxBulk Mailer and get the bounces with eMail Bounce Handler. I recommend you to read the following: Using eMail Bounce Handler efficiently.

(2) When I dredge a file, Ive chosen from a text file. Should the file Im attaching be my list of email addresses. Good and bad.
No, it should be a file containing a bounce.