[SOLVED] Recipients list not there anymore

mailrock

Hi,

In both .5.6 and 5.5. I noticed when I went to open a list on the hard drive, that everything was there except the actual Recipient list.

The file was still large so it was obviously full of something but no ist appeared.

Fortunately I was able to retriece a list from the Pull down in the Reciop area.

Is this an normal occurance?

When I create or change a list, I save to the hard drive and to the pull down list.
same name to both.

I use the MLM Upload from either list depending what one I have open, the hard drive or the pull down.

My idea was that the hard drive was the list before any changes and the pull down was the list after changes.

Maybe I am not doing this correctly.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Recipienst list not there anymore

When you do a 'File > Save' you save the whole document including the currently selected list and account but you don't save the list in the list folder. If you use the 'Save' button you save the list in the list folder.

It can be confusing at the beginning but it is the app logic :-/ ...

--
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Google+ | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
and keep up-to-date with the latest Max Programming updates!

mailrock

Thanks..

I have been doing File/Save then Save with the same name then updating to MLM with the same name there too. Seems a bit messy.

What would be the most accepted way of saving then.

Thanks

oz

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I believe you don't understand how it works, there is no preferred way, saving a document has nothing to do with saving a list. When you save a document you create a file with all the document contents inside so when you load it back you will get what you saved. Saving a list will create a list file in your application preferences and add the list name to the list pull-down menu. As you can see, there is no relation.

--
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Google+ | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
and keep up-to-date with the latest Max Programming updates!