SMTP & MAxprog

Sanmeer

When I buy Maxprog Bulkmailer, do I cost to buy a separate SMTP server to send Bulk mails or can I use Gmail SMTP server?

My company has more than 50,000 clients so we need to send Bulk mails to all of'em at once often say every 15 days

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Gmail is not the right server since it only allows the delivery of 500 messages per day. If you need to send lots of emails without problems a solution is indeed getting a bulk email account.

What is a good server if I wish to send about 1,000 per day? However, I can get by with 500 or less if that is a better solution?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
For 1000 deliveries per day you can use the server you get for free when you purchase a web hosting package. 1000 deliveries per day is a low amounts so you should not have problems.

I use my ISP who apparently hosts my web sites. I called and they would not give me a maximum number per day or per hour. If I can send 1,000 per day I would be totally happy.

Maybe I do not have a "package" as you refer?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
With package I refer to the Web Hosting group of features. Most of them include mySQL, FTP access, email access...