Slow sending

Jamfris

Hello, I've been a happy user for a while now… but suddenly I've encountered a problem that is giving me a hard time: it's getting very slow to send the emails

I've always used the same configuration (1 connection, 400 per time, and 40 minutes between sendings) so I don't mess with my server or spam flags…

But this week I'm sending 3 newsletters and they are taking forever to send! And I don't k now why. My server says that they didn't modified anything there, and that as soon the server receives the order to send, it executes it. BUT they see how the times between emails are getting wider (in seconds).

If I put to send 4k emails at 6 p.m. by the time I got back the next morning it was already sent… now not even a quarter of it.

Do you have any idea? I had the 8.4 and even upgraded to 8.4.7, but it's the same.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Slow performances may come from Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks new App Nap feature, especially when the application is running in the background or unattended. App Nap is a new Mac OS X power saving feature. When an application is completely hidden behind other windows and is not currently executing a task like playing music or checking for e-mail, Mavericks will deem that app “inactive” and put it to sleep to save power and free up your computer’s resources. This can have an adverse effect on other applications though.

Luckily, you can easily turn off App Nap for individual applications. To do so, simply find the application for which you want to disable App Nap in Finder. Then, right-click on that application and choose Get Info. From that window, you can check the box that says “Prevent App Nap.”

Jamfris

But I don't have the power nap enabled. I also modified the consumption to never put the disks on sleep mode, only the screens :/

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Have you selected MaxBulk Mailer icon and the Finder > Get Info menu? Is the 'Prevent App Nap' checked? If not, check it.