Several open bugs in MaxBulk Mailer

bijank

Hello,

I have noticed over the past several years that I have been using MBM that a few critical open bugs seem to remain. Some have been acknowledged before, so I was wondering if we might see any improvement on these?

1. The "disappearing cursor" bug. On the Mac version of MBM, the cursor disappears during text editing of a mailing as soon as the user moves it.

2. Duplicate hyperlink entries: I have noticed that a certain duplicate hyperlink entry is consistently reappearing after each closure of MBM, even if the entry has been deleted before. This entry does actually exist but it appears duplicate and marked in red without me actually adding it twice.

3. Images not reloaded: If I choose the preview mode in an HTML mailing, it will correctly display the mailing and fetch remote-linked images from any given server. However, if I replace these images on the far server in the meantime and then click on reload in MBM, these images are not updated. MBM always displays the images loaded once.

Is there any help in sight for these issues that keep on nagging me?

Thanks!

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
1. The "disappearing cursor" bug. On the Mac version of MBM, the cursor disappears during text editing of a mailing as soon as the user moves it.
This is an Apple bug in the Carbon library. Apple will never fix it however we will switch to the Cocoa library this year.
2. Duplicate hyperlink entries: I have noticed that a certain duplicate hyperlink entry is consistently reappearing after each closure of MBM, even if the entry has been deleted before. This entry does actually exist but it appears duplicate and marked in red without me actually adding it twice.
This probably comes from a corrupt preference file. You should try to delete it. That will fix the problem forever.
3. Images not reloaded: If I choose the preview mode in an HTML mailing, it will correctly display the mailing and fetch remote-linked images from any given server. However, if I replace these images on the far server in the meantime and then click on reload in MBM, these images are not updated. MBM always displays the images loaded once.
Apple problem again, Safari Cache to be exact. MaxBulk Mailer uses no cache but the WebKit HTML renderer, the Safari renderer. Sometimes it gets crazy. Solution, clean Safari cache.