same upload error with new version

Pzoom

Hi,
I get this error:
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
is there a way to fix the upload problem without breaking the list into small chunks?
I get that error every time I upload a large list, after a long time.
The server has no upload time or other limit.
I can re-upload the same list using the append action and it uploads more emails (between 8 to 11 hundred emails each time).
I use tab delimited, is there a format that uploads faster or better?
Thanks for your help

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The problem comes from your server. You have probably reached some kind of limit. To upload big lists you could try the import function:

lm.php?cmd=import&list=LIST_NAME_HERE&pwd=YOUR_PASSWORD&action=update

From the manual:
This command allows the administrator to import one or several lists previously uploaded to your server with an FTP client. MLM expects the lists to be available in the 'imports' directory at script level. If that directory doesn't exist just create it. Upload your list(s) to it and run the command. Recipients will be imported the the list(s) listed in the 'list' parameter. Set action to 'update' in order to add recipients to a existing list(s) taking care of duplicates. You can allow duplicates by adding the optional '&dups=1' parameter. Set action to 'overwrite' if you want to replace all the recipients in current list(s) with those new entries. Once done the script will output import results. Your list(s) must be tab delimited list(s) with at least the 'First name', 'Last name', 'Company' and 'Email address' fields in that same order. NOTE: List(s) are not deleted from the 'imports' directory, you have to do that manually after you have finished with the import process. For security reasons don't let those files there!