Reports: Profit and Loss Statement: restrict by category

MonHawk

Hi,

I would really like to be able to run a Profit and Loss Statement, both Summarized, Detailed and General Ledger, but to be able to choose Category in the Where dropdown box.

So instead of the Where dropdown box only giving me the choice of "All, Project, Payee", I would love to have an option "Category" so I can see Where: "Category" "is equal to "my chosen category".

Would this be possible? It would make a huge difference to me.

Just for background info, the reason this would be useful is that I am the treasurer of a school PTA. I have the accounts set up so that under INCOMES, I have various categories each of which represents one fundraising event. (The EXPENSES are then when the PTA disburses payments to the school for whatever projects the school wants financial help with). An example of a fundraising event would then be a Christmas Fair - this would be the Category. Under that I have accounts which each represent the various different things at this Christmas Fair for which I want to report separately (eg Tombola, Raffle etc).

So I would like to be able to easily run off a profit/loss report JUST for the whole of the Christmas Fair, not for any of the other events (categories) of the year.

The Account Statement doesn't help either because that only allows me to select Types (eg Banks or Incomes) or individual Accounts but not Categories.

Kind regards, Monique

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
There is a problem here, categories are references in transactions so if we add what you ask the only choice will be 'is equal to' like with Payees. That will work for you?