Repeat Unsubscribe-Subscribe

ScottA

My recent emails campaign resulted in some un-subscribers getting dozens of additional messages. The system first unsubscribed them then sent a re-subscribe message, then another unsubscribe, then another resubscribe. This could go on for a while.

I don't have any idea why this might happen. Understandably, have a few complaints and I am fearful of doing another mailing without a resolution.

See attached image of what I received.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure they did not click on the re-subscribe link they get in the unsubscribe message? I don't see any other explanation.

TeamCobra

Was a resolution ever found for this issue? Today I sent out a bulk email and I'm currently receiving repeating emails from 2 of the receipts. First I get they unsubscribed and then I get they subscribed. This has been going on for a few hours now and I've received a total of around 25 from each recipient. It appears to me the subscribe/unsubscribe script is stuck in some sort of loop or the 2 recipients are really border today and are just repeatedly clicking subscribe/unsubscribe.

My best guess is they clicked the unsubscribe link in the email and then resubscribed causing the loop to start.

Is there any way to reset this without losing anything?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
There is no loop inside MLM script. To subscribe the recipient has to click on the subscribe link, there is no other way. The subscribe and subscribe function have no loops, just standard PHP code that send an email and add or remove the subscriber from the database.

What do you want to reset?

ScottA

I am getting ready to launch a new campaign. I have changed nothing in the system so I fear that I may again encounter the loop. I will let you know. I doubt this is being caused but a human action. It almost seems like the machines (our sever and the recipient) are not communicating and causing the loop.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
In the lm_function.php look at the subscribe function, do you see loop code? There isn't any, this is linear code with no loop.