Remote List Preferences doesn't change IF and Password

BMcDonald

I'm experiencing something pretty frustrating. Hoping there's something I can do or you can create a fix for it in the next version.

I have two remote lists set up in the preferences under "General."

When I select the second remote list, the ID and password from the first list remains, it doesn't change to the ID and password for the second list. And usually when I need to switch, I forget what the dang ID and password is for the second list.

Is there a way to make the ID and password switch when you switch to a new remote list?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I don't understand, you say 'Remote List'... hum are you sure you don't mean different MLM installs?

BMcDonald

I'm using MaxBulkMailer 8.3.8

If you go into the preferences, To the "General" tab, there is a spot with a dropdown menu for "remote lists."

Right now I have two remote lists. If I switch from the one I have been using lately, which has a different ID and password than the other list, when I switch to the other list, the ID and password don't change to the other list. It says the ID and password from the first list.

It would be nice if when I select another remote list, the ID and password will change along with it. Right now, I have to go look up the ID and password and reenter it whenever I change lists in the preferences.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
This setting is 'Remote MLM Installs', not remote lists. And indeed the user ID and password should be saved and restored... for each MLM install except if you input wrong data at some time.

BMcDonald

Well, now I'm completely confused. Were is that setting? All I know is I entered the info in the General preferences for each list and it created a drop down with each list on it.

I don't see anywhere to set up "remote MLM installs."

Where is that please?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I am talking about the same thing as you but using the right words. In the preferences you can set the MLM URL, user ID and password. This is the URL of MLM not of a list!