reimbursement

mccritchen

I just downloaded iCash. I have searched this site for answers, but I haven't found them.

Situation:
Both my wife and I make purchases on our credit cards for which we are reimbursed by our employers. In my wife's case sometimes the reimbursement will come in two payments.

I have yet to set my system up yet, because I want to get this right first before I do anything else.

Can someone guide me step-by-step on setting up the proper accounts. And, step-by-step on entering a transaction that is both a credit card and an item to be reimbursed.

And, step-by-step on entering a transaction that pays a credit card with items that have not been reimbursed.

And, step-by-step on entering a deposit that is a reimbursement or partial reimbursement of a credit card purchase.

And, what about getting a reimbursement before I have paid the credit card, how would that be entered?

Thanks.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
In all cases you have to add transactions in iCash as they occur in real life. A credit card has to be created as a liability account. When you purchase something with the card you simply use the card account as the origin account and the expense account as the target account. If your employer will later pay that transaction just create your employer account of type Income, then add a transaction using your employer account as the origin and the credit card account as the target. With the same idea you can add all kind of transactions including complex ones.