Rearranging Transactions

calvinn

Stan
Can you rearrange the order in which a number of Transactions appear on any given day?
I cannot see where this question may have been asked.
Regards
Cal

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Apart from clicking on the transaction list column headers, there are no other ways to sort transactions.

calvinn

Stan
I have discovered that, if you want 2 transactions to be adjoining on a given date, you should change the dates to, say, the next day, click "Change" then change them back to the correct date and again click "Change"
Cal

gnought

I think this feature is simple and also essential for accounting. Adding a Ordinal column in tblTransactions table will allow the display order of transactions to be sorted.

I hope this could be included in the next release.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The very last column on the right is the tracking column. You can use it for that.

gnought

I think the tracking column should be used for entering cheque no or even some tracking record no, not for the order purpose. Otherwise we will mix up whether it is tracking record no or just for the transaction display order.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The tracking number is not for entering cheque number. It is only here to enter an optional transaction tracking number. Once you enter one, the others will be entered automatically and sequentially allowing you to sort using that column later.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
In the transaction type. Start typing ' Check' and as soon as you see 'Check' has been select type a space and the check number or '#' and the check number.