Questions regarding Email Verifier

LeoLobsterNYC

I purchased the Email Verifier today and am using it on a Windows XP desktop. I have a few questions that I would like to ask:

1) I input an excel (csv) file and the "bad" email addresses have been identified. Instead of me going back to the list and manually deleting one email address at a time, can Email Verifier or one of your other programs do this automatically for me. In other words, lets say my list has 10,000 email addresses and I am notified that 1,000 of them are "bad". Do I need to go back to the Excel (csv) file and delete each bad email one at a time before sending emails out, or can this be done automatically for me?

2) I've read through some of your forum posts and would like to optimize my Email Verifier to work in the best way. Are there any setings that you recommend me setting in order for it to work properly. For example, I read that you should double check that your port 25 is not being blocked, that you should enter a default email address in the sender field, use default 10 threads, add 2 DNS server addresses, and increase the group parameter to 25. Can you please provide me with a few pointers that I should follow and incorporate into my setting in order to get the most optimized performance? I believe that this list would also be very helpful to other people who purchase Email Verifier.

3) The Email Verifier is present running and contains the following information: Valid 80.40%, Bad 15.40%, and Test Unsuccessful 18.03%. These totals do not add up to 100%, so it seems that it is uncorrect ratios.

4) What does "looks valid" mean? Is it "valid" or "bad"? What does "test unsucessful" mean? Should it be re-attempted?

Thank you.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
1) I input an excel (csv) file and the "bad" email addresses have been identified. Instead of me going back to the list and manually deleting one email address at a time, can Email Verifier or one of your other programs do this automatically for me. In other words, lets say my list has 10,000 email addresses and I am notified that 1,000 of them are "bad". Do I need to go back to the Excel (csv) file and delete each bad email one at a time before sending emails out, or can this be done automatically for me?
You have to do that manually or you can use MaxBulk Mailer. With MaxBulk Mailer you just have to load your original list and drop the file with the bad addresses to it after renaming it to 'DELETE'.
2) I've read through some of your forum posts and would like to optimize my Email Verifier to work in the best way. Are there any setings that you recommend me setting in order for it to work properly. For example, I read that you should double check that your port 25 is not being blocked, that you should enter a default email address in the sender field, use default 10 threads, add 2 DNS server addresses, and increase the group parameter to 25. Can you please provide me with a few pointers that I should follow and incorporate into my setting in order to get the most optimized performance? I believe that this list would also be very helpful to other people who purchase Email Verifier.
What you have listed is actually all you can do to get the best results. After doing all that you should get the best performances. Changing other settings doesn't always give better performances especially the thread numbers, timeout...etc...
3) The Email Verifier is present running and contains the following information: Valid 80.40%, Bad 15.40%, and Test Unsuccessful 18.03%. These totals do not add up to 100%, so it seems that it is uncorrect ratios.
This is because in some cases an error can cause both the 'Bad' and the 'Test Unsuccessful' counters to be increased.
4) What does "looks valid" mean? Is it "valid" or "bad"? What does "test unsuccessful" mean? Should it be re-attempted?
"Looks Valid' means the server response is not a clear YES or NO but following the type of response chances that the address is OK are above 50%. "Test unsucessful" means the test gave an error of some kind so it was unsuccessful. The best is to retest those entries a few days later.