question about reconciliation

bartman

can someone tell me how I must use this ?

eg: I enter a transaction that happened today. let say a withdrawal from the bank account to cash account. 100 euro

Afterwards I download my bank transactions and import them
via the account statement. In the transaction window nothing changes, but in the query window appears 2 lines with the same transaction. I did again the import of the same csv file, and still only 1 line appears in the transactions window and 3 lines in the query window.

I want to know : is this the wrong approch? When viewing the list of transactions in window 5 of the account statement window, do I have to delete the transactions that I have already entered manually ? Or do I import every line? I did the second but I could not get the bank account balance right , no matter what I did with the little check boxes on the right (reconciled). When I deleted the transaction that was imported I got my balance right. So I gues it is not quite a good idea to enter your transactions as they happen, because after a month when you import your transactions, you have to delete the duplicates

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You have to choose, either you enter your transactions manually of thru imports. Right now iCash is unable to check for duplicates so multiple imports will generate lots of them. There are plans to add a duplicate checker, this is a work in progress.