Query for total of a grouped transaction

Jade

Hi again,

If I have an invoice total, but not the breakdown which created the grouping, is there a way to find the Invoice by a Query or Report?

For example I know I paid $100.00 for some items. When entering in ICash the invoice was used to created 2 transactions and then these were grouped.

If I do a Query for amount 100.00 nothing comes up. However, if I query one of the amounts of the group then I get the whole group of transactions up if I have the group selection checked off. Is there a way to find that transaction by the grand total rather than the individual group amounts?

Thanks again. Jade

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried with the transaction comment? I guess you did but it is just to make sure.

Jade

I did finally find the item by using the comment but just wondered if it was possible to find the transaction by the total. Depending on who is looking up the information they may not be aware that it has been split into multiple transactions and may only know the total. In our case the person who inputs all the data is not always the person looking for information. Thanks, Jade

Jade

Hi,

I was just wondering if you had any plans or ideas on handling this request yet. I happened to run into 2 instances in the last couple of days where this applied. I had a total of a deposit, but couldn't find the applicable detail.

At first I thought I could get around it by going to each month on the transaction panel and using the find command (still time consuming but better than nothing), but then I realized that you can't use CMD F on that panel.

Just wondered if we might be able to query or report on grouped totals soon in some way.

Thanks

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I already looked at that believing it was trivial but actually it is not. It requires a huge amount of work and coding. I opened a project for this so it will be added. I am not sure when but I will increase the priority.

Jade

This approach might not be any easier, and it's not a great solution, but here goes.

Have an option where you can open all groups at once (e.g. like clicking on each arrow beside a grouped transaction so you can see the detail) on the transaction screen.

Enable a find option so you can enter a find request (e.g. an amount) which would move you to the next transaction that has anything matching the request.

At any rate, being able to open ALL grouped transactions and then close them versus having to open and close each one individually would be handy when doing simple visual scans of a screen, even without the find option.

Thanks for trying, looking forward to the features you figure out once they are ready.