Query: Amount equals xxxx nothing returned

Jade

I have 2 transactions (they are not grouped). One is a transfer between banking accounts and the other is a regular deposit from a fund that was cashed in. However, when I do a query for the timeframe, leaving all criteria as default except: AMOUNT EQUALS 22222.22 for instance. The amount of each transaction is 22,222.22 when I actually look at the transaction in the transaction window. However, when I do the query I get 0 results. I know there is an issue with grouped transactions (you can't find the group total, only the individual totals making up the group total). However, that's not my problem here. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? :?

To confuse matters more, if I change my query to indicate AMOUNT IS BETWEEN 22000.00 and 23000.00 the transactions appear. :? :?

I've been using query all day successfully until this one instance and I just can't see why this one would be different.

Thanks for your help. :)

Jade

I just tried Check Data and it said everything was fine. I did the query again today with the same results. So I did a little more digging.

I created 2 new transactions using the same accounts and scenario but a different amount (999.99). The query worked fine.

I then actually duplicated the original transactions that gave me problems to the next month (using the duplicate function). I ran the query again, no results were found. The amount of the offending transaction is actually 23496.68 (not the 22222.22 in my original message).

I then changed the duplicated transactions to use 999.99 instead of the 23496.68. When I ran the query both transactions appeared on the list.

I then went to the original transactions. I changed the amount to 999.99 and ran the query. Both of the transactions showed up on the query.

Last, I changed the original entries back to 23496.68 and ran the query again. The transactions did not appear.

At this point it would appear that the number 23496.68 itself is the problem? Is that actually possible?

Thanks, look forward to hearing your thoughts! :?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Could you create a new support ticket and attach a sample file with that faulty transaction so I can reproduce the problem here? (please compress the file)

Jade

You bet, I'll do so but probably won't be able to do so until later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks.