Purchase without using online intermediary like PayPal

I once found PayPal dangerous with their double charging mistake. Never, ever again will I pay through any on-line intermediary paying group. I can only pay via talking with a human being and giving my CC number over the phone. Will this be possible. Is there any way I can purchase software without doing it online or without using an intermediary? Thanks.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I have been using Paypal for 7 years so far. Not a single problem. I have never experienced double charges nor any other problems. Actually Paypal works much better than many card processors. The problem is its popularity. Right now the only way to purchase by phone is here but I don't recommend it since it is slow and expensive. Paypal is faster, cheaper and more secure.

Thanks. We thought the pay method was credit card only, although hidden within the purchase was a couple of small PayPal logos. We gambled, but found PayPal was the vehicle. The Web has hundreds of complaints about PayPal then, years back, and now. But it worked fine. I guess I should go with them even if it bothers me (Which I did.)

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
True, Paypal got a lot of complaints but I think it is partly because it is a very popular system. Also a lot of the issues were related to vendors and eBay sells. For the purchaser Paypal offers a great security in my opinion.

You may be correct [/quote]today
, but it took me several years ago, more than a few hours to correct a PayPal error. Once violated, always violated. Are Kagi and RegNow independent third-party processors? Is there a reason your default pay method does not include all three, Kagi, RegNow and PayPal?

Thanks, NoteSales

PS: So far we love your software, your blog and your style.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, Kagi and RegNow are independent third-party processors. Kagi is our backup processor however I don't know for how much time. We use RegNow for US PC sales because of affiliates. Paypal is our main processor because of its flexility. None of the others let us do what we do with Paypal. Furthermore fees are lower :)