PROJECT Not showing on Query or Transaction list

Jade

Just noticed that in Grouped transactions where I have keyed a PROJECT ID the following occurs.

When I look at the transaction itself the PROJECT ID appears.

When I look at the List of Transactions above for the month, the PROJECT ID does not appear in the list.

When I do a query on the project, the transaction appears on the query panel, however, the PROJECT ID itself does not appear.

For instance I had a grouped transaction that was split between 2 projects. When I queried the one project, the grouped transaction appeared. However, when I selected the arrow to show the transactions making up the grouping, the project ids did not show on the 2 transactions making up the group. The project id was blank in both cases.

I am running version 5.2 on an IMac using Leopard. Today is the first day I've noticed this but I keep thinking it has to have been happening since I upgraded.

This has a fairly significant impact on queries. I had been busy doing input and hadn't been using the query or reporting function to a large extent again until today.

Jade

Forgot to mention that the Overview Panel does not display the PROJECT ID on the Grouped Transactions either.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I don't understand that one. When you set a project to a group actually you set the project to the transactions inside that group. It is how it works. I don't understand this sentence:

When I look at the List of Transactions above for the month, the PROJECT ID does not appear in the list.

Jade

Sorry I wasn't more clear. I'll try again.

I am referring to the 2 portions of the TRANSACTION panel or window.

The list I am referring to is the first 2/3 or so of the TRANSACTION panel. It is the list of the entire month's transactions, directly above the TRANSACTION input area on the transaction panel.

In the bottom portion of the TRANSACTION panel, where you actually key in the transaction and specify the project etc. I add 2 transactions, each with a unique PROJECT. The transactions appear above in the month's list with a PROJECT preceding the COMMENT. No problem to this point.

I then GROUP those 2 transactions. At the bottom, where I key the transaction in, each transaction shows the PROJECT. However, now a problem occurs.

On the list, even the individual transactions making up the group do not show the PROJECT preceding the COMMENT. This is after you select the arrow on the left to open the grouped transaction. Note: The PROJECT is not overwritten in the transaction section at the bottom, the PROJECT field there still contains the correct PROJECT. It just doesn't display in the list above on that screen, or on the OVERVIEW Panel either.

I understand the "SUMMARIZED" transaction can't display a project, however, I would have thought that each transaction making up the group would show it's own PROJECT just like the regular ungrouped transactions do.

I hope I haven't made it even less clear. Let me know. Thanks.