Problem with formatted text mails.

Prodrive

No Stan,
there must be somebody else with whom you have contact via e-mail.
It's the first time I raise this problem.

Regards
Prodrive

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Oops sorry, your name looked like the one of a customer I talked with last week.

Are you getting this problem all the time or is it only with that document?
Did you copy and paste the text from a Microsoft application, Entourage, Word...?

Prodrive

Hi Stan,

Honestly I can't remember from what source the original text came. It might have been a word document, but the e-mail had been created from another MaxBulkMailer document which had been sent out as plain text.

Now I tested it with another mail created from scratch in MBM, and I have the same effect. It occurs not only on my machine but also on the iMac of my secretary.

Regards
Prodrive

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Weird, I don't have this problem here. I have tried to format several small and large documents here with all kind of styles, what I save is what I get later. Actually the code that handles saving styled text was written a long time ago and has never caused problems so far except in some rare cases during the PowerPC to Intel transition. The code relies on your system settings. Is the language set to german, anything wrong with your international/language settings?

Prodrive

Hi Stan,

I found the reason: To have the right German quotation marks we had set the character set to "UTF-8". When we use "ISO 8859-1" everything seems to be ok. So we will use that in future and change the quotation marks.

This is really no big issue for us, but may be you can look into that.

Anyway, many thanks for your quick response and your great piece of software.

Regards
Prodrive