Preview of HTML E-Mail looks strange.

Prodrive

Hi Stan,
we are testing to create an HTML newsletter using QuarkXPress 7.5. Basically this works fine, but the preview in MBM looks strange:
Preview1.png

The mail itself looks ok when you open it in Mail:
Mail.png

Do you have an explanation for that?
You can find the original HTML code here:
http://bilder.dikom.de/Stan/Export1.htm

Thank you for your support
Prodrive

Prodrive

Hi Stan,
Although it arrives in perfect shape with the recipients it still looks strange in MBM.
Regards
Prodrive

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I guess there is a conflict between your CSS and the Preview panel CSS. That would explain the text positioning effect.

Prodrive

Thanks.
That doesn't help a lot as our CSS is generated automatically by Quark 7.5.
My HTML and CSS knowledge is very basic.

I will upgrade to Quark 8.0. May be this solves also this problem.

Regards
Prodrive

Prodrive

Interesting. Doesn't Safari use the same Webkit?
In Safari everything looks fine.

As no one else seems to have this problem, it really doesn't make sense to worry about. It's just one of these computer related items where shouldn't ask why... ;-)

Have a nice day

Prodrive

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, what I said, your CSS conflicts with the preview CSS. The headers you see are included into the HTML code for the preview. This is all a rendering problem. Thanks for the video but unfortunately all that is done by Webkit, I have no control, I simply tell webkit to render your page with the headers included. Note that I got a similar report from another user a couple of years ago. He fixes the problem editing the CSS.

Prodrive

Hi Stan,
thank you for your efforts. As we know now that it's just an effect which doesn't affect the final result, we can live with it.

Regards
Prodrive