POP3 ERROR 103 Address Invalid

gator

I just switched my ISP to Verizon.

When I tried to distribute a monthly newsletter using MaxBulk Mailer Pro 8.4.6

the delivery response is:

[01] 7/1 18:17:13 ~ Opening connection for delivery...
[01] 7/1 18:17:13 ~ Connecting to pop.yourpilateslifestyle.com for POP authentication...
[00] 7/1 18:17:13 [POP3 ERROR] 103 - Address invalid.
[01] 7/1 18:17:13 ~ Connecting to mail.yourpilateslifestyle.com Port:25

regardless of settings. I've tried assigning a different port, using the host IP as SMTP host, and disabling POP authentication. Same results.

I checked with my host service. They found my Verizon DHCP IP is blacklisted.

I called Verizon to have them assign a clean IP. They informed me that all residential accounts are intentionally blacklisted to "...prevent subscribers from setting up their own servers."

Could this be what's affecting my use of MaxBulk Mailer? If so, how?

My current options seem to be either going back to my original ISP provider (expensive) or switching my current Verizon residential account to business (more expensive) in order to receive a static IP that isn't blacklisted and may not fix the problem.

So far only MaxBulk Mailer is affected. My Apple Mail (send/receive) works fine, as do various Adobe and FTP products.

Any help is appreciated.

gator

Yes, same result - can't connect. (Note times.)

ESMTP
[01] 7/2 09:19:11 ~ Opening connection for delivery...
[01] 7/2 09:19:11 ~ Connecting to mail.yourpilateslifestyle.com Port:25
[00] 7/2 09:19:33 ~ Canceling process...
[00] 7/2 09:19:33 ~ Asking socket #1 to QUIT...

POP
[01] 7/2 09:28:37 ~ Opening connection for delivery...
[01] 7/2 09:28:37 ~ Connecting to pop.yourpilateslifestyle.com for POP authentication...
[00] 7/2 09:28:37 [POP3 ERROR] 103 - Address invalid.
[01] 7/2 09:28:37 ~ Connecting to mail.yourpilateslifestyle.com Port:25

NONE
[01] 7/2 09:29:54 ~ Opening connection for delivery...
[01] 7/2 09:29:54 ~ Connecting to mail.yourpilateslifestyle.com Port:25
[00] 7/2 09:30:16 ~ Canceling process...
[00] 7/2 09:30:16 ~ Asking socket #1 to QUIT...

My hosting IT thinks it may be a result of a handshake delay caused by a confirmed blacklisted IP address from my ISP (Verizon), although all other connectivity operations (email, FTP) are working without problem.

Trying different ports to connect has no effect.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You say email works, if it does MaxBulk Mailer will as well since it is a standard mail client. Try to use the same settings. Maybe a different port? SSL or TLS?

gator

This thread should probably be renamed email problems with Verizon ISP.

Attempt using Verizon email SMTP account:

Verizon ISP erquires port #s: outgoing 465, incoming 995

My Apple Mail Verizon SMTP settings are:
use custom port: 465
authentication: PASSWORD Verizon email address and password
SSL: enabled
send works

My MaxBulk SMTP settings are:
SMTP host: smtp.verizon.net:465
SSL: enabled
send fails

I've tried with authentication: none, POP pop.verizon.net:995, ESMTP - plain, login

nothing works; what seems to be missing is a way to authenticate (account and password) without using POP or ESMTP??? (Verizon tech: do NOT use POP with SMTP)

I've managed to send (2) using ESMTP, but received as a lot of header and HTML code only.

I've used MaxBulk Mailer for years and would like to continue but this is proving to be too difficult.

gator

stanbusk said:
You say email works, if it does MaxBulk Mailer will as well since it is a standard mail client. Try to use the same settings. Maybe a different port? SSL or TLS?

I just noticed you use a gmail.com stmp account as an example on MaxBulk Mailer settings. Option as an alternative to verizon.net??