Please help me figure MLM out :D

skullmonkey

Hi,
I'm trying to figure how MLM works and I dont get it.

When I set Remote Lists I get all the lists that I have uploaded to my MLM site.

1. Now, when I uncheck some specific emails, and refresh the list the unchecked emails are checked again.
2. When I unsubscribe some mail, it just got erased from the list. Should be presented and only marked as Unsubscribed?

This doesn't makes any sense to me. Is this on purpose or my setup is wrong?

Thanks,
S@

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
1. Now, when I uncheck some specific emails, and refresh the list the unchecked emails are checked again.
Yes, unchecking is to remove an address temporally from a delivery.

2. When I unsubscribe some mail, it just got erased from the list. Should be presented and only marked as Unsubscribed?
Yes, this is the default behaviour. If you do not like it, edit the lm_prefs.php file.

skullmonkey

Hi stanbusk,

1. Is there a way not to loose the select status?
2. What should I do when someone unsubscribe, just to mark it as unsubscribe and not remove/delete it from the list?

Thanks,
S@

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
1. Is there a way not to loose the select status?
That status is saved to local lists only, not remote lists. Remote lists do not have that parameter.
2. What should I do when someone unsubscribe, just to mark it as unsubscribe and not remove/delete it from the list?
In the lm_prefs.php file you will find the following
Code:
// -- Unsubscribe settings -----------------------------------------------------

$unsub_keep          = false;                                // Keep unsubscribed emails in lists (as unsubscribed)
$unsub_confirm       = false;                                // Ask user to confirm unsubscribe
$unsub_silent        = false;                                // Unsubscribe without notification email
Just set the first parameter to true.