PHP Emails

Matsaki

I know HTML mails but now i want to do them in PHP / HTML for obvious reasons.

But I'm not a PHP guy but I have a tutorial for that part.

But how will I use it in MaxBulk Mailer? Can some one give me some hints what should be where?

• Shall I take off all of MB M headers and use the PHP headers? And if so where?

• What format should I use? "Plain text"?

• Shall I only use the PHP code on the server page?

Please help me getting started guys :)

(If some one habe a sample of the file on the server and a screenshot of the MB M would be easiest to se I think)

Thanks!

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
PHP is like C but for the web. A page written in PHP needs to be executed in a server so, that page has to be stored and made available on that server. To send such page with MaxBulk Mailer you have to use the 'Web Page' format and use the page URL.

Matsaki

Thank's for the reply!

Considering that the hardest thing with newsletters today is the SPAM filter. Is the "page URL" in that point of view a good thing?

Will this email be readable in webbbroser clients like hotmail and gmail?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The best is to use standard HTML code however PHP should not be a problem as it uses HTML as well. Spam filters usually look at contents so you just have to avoid using spam-like words. Your message should be readable everywhere as long as the HTML code generated by the PHP engine is standard.

Matsaki

Why I want to use PHP is because I have been told that that's much better in the point of view that I can use CSS and so on witch hotmail otherwise do not read / accept.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I don't understand how a programming language can help doing that. I guess you need to use a given PHP code.