Opt in Email Not Working

jeffrorabaugh

I installed SignUp Stack in RapidWeaver. Tested it using my email and got the following opt-in email (see below). When I click on the link or copy it into my browser (FF 9.0.1). I get the following error: Error - Command '3dconfirm' not supported. What is happening?

Also, why are there extra characters before the hello and ending? I don't want customers seeing this.

Not sure what is happening. Please help.

Thanks, Jeff

=EF=BB=BFHello,

Someone has requested to "opt in" to our mailing list(s) newsletter using=
this email address: [email protected]

To prevent abuse of the system, we are sending this confirmation message =
to you to let you decide if this is what you want. If you wish to subscri=
be, please click on the following link (or copy and paste it to your brow=
ser):

http://www.campswamp.com/swampcorps/new ... onfirm&ke=
y=3DBI80071YB1N1252135Q20&lang=3Den

If you do not wish to subscribe, just ignore this message and no action w=
ill be taken.

--=20
Swamp Corps
http://www.campswamp.com/swampcorps
Maxprog List Manager v3.0

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
This is the Quoted-Printable encoding. It is explained here. Most messages are encoded that way and are then decoded by the recipient email reader. You should never see those codes.

jeffrorabaugh

Finally got to read article in English now that Wikapedia is back up. Guess they made their point, hey?

Anyway, this explains what is happening. How do I prevent this from happening to my customers? If the link is truncated with soft returns and equal signs and does not work, then that does me no good for the opt-in portion. Do you have a fix? I can't do anything about the email apps people use so I am counting on this product to work correctly over multiple apps. Does this make sense?

Thanks, Jeff

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Hum...sorry but I don't understand what you mean. Quoted-Printable is the standard for sending emails. The sender software encodes and the recipient software decodes. This is transparent. If you see codes it's because something's wrong. Perhaps your message contains invisible control characters you have pasted from the other app. If you are using a Mac you could simply use TextWrangler to clean the text. That free application as a menu 'Text > Zap Gremlins' that actually does that.

jeffrorabaugh

Then it must be that I don't understand. I bought a RapidWeaver plugin to have a subscription service for a newsletter on my website. It uses your service. I have the page on my website (go to http://www.campswamp.com/swampcorps/newsletter to access and try yourself) ready for people to enter their info. I entered my info as a test and the opt in email came to me as I posted earlier. I contacted the person who created the plugin and he sent me your way as he said the opt in email is created by your system. If the email that I got is an indication how the emails will be encoded then how is that fixed for the subscribers?

Please explain. What do you get when you try it?

Thanks, Jeff

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, the opt-in email is created by MLM but MLM doesn't use Quoted-Printable. It uses either the 8bits or 7bits encoding. I released MLM 3 years ago and it is the first time I heard about the issue you are having, reason why I have no direct response.

I have tried your form but I am nor receiving any email :-/