Opt in email confirmations

Lori

I changed servers, upgraded MBM to current, and reinstalled MLM. Now I'm testing. I'm able to connect to the server and send out messages, see my stats etc.

What's puzzling to me is when I do a test subscription to a fixed list using the standard /lm/html/subscribe_single_fixed.php

I'm returned the standard message below, My database tables are getting updated, but my test email recipients never get the confirmation email.

This service requires a confirmation in order to prevent others from subscribing you to the list without your consent. You have been sent an email with a special link. When you receive the email, please click on the link, or copy and paste it into your browser to enable your subscription.

Can I get some guidance on how to set up the mail server to get confirmation emails sent so users can confirm subscription. Where is this done?

Thanks,
L

Lori

I found my answer.

In the lm-prefs.php file there are settings you have to enter in the following fields.

// -- SMTP Host ----------------------------------------------------------------
// To use only if MLM fails sending messages because the server needs authentication

$smtp_auth = False; // Activate or deactivate SMTP Authentication
$smtp_host = ""; // The SMTP host address
$smtp_username = ""; // The SMTP account user name
$smtp_password = ""; // The SMTP account password

change the $smtp_auth = True
add your mail server host address
your email username
and your email password

Seems to be working.