Opening Balances in Bal Sheet where Project =

Jade

Hi,

I have an asset account that had an opening balance amount.

I ran a balance sheet report, detailed, where Project = F.

The opening balance of the account does not, of course, have a project (mainly because you can't do that in ICash, which overall is fine).

This results in the opening balance of that account showing up in every balance sheet report, regardless of the PROJECT= criteria. In other words, it shows up in the report for PROJECT = F, PROJECT = P etc. :?

:idea: Another balance sheet report question (which overall are excellent). In my life, I have business accounts and also run some business expenses through my personal account. I run balance sheet for ALL projects to accurately reflect bank balances and the overall asset/liability picture. However, when I run my balance sheets subset by Project (i.e. personal, business, or specific individual), the balance sheet banking section is really not valid data.

Would it be possible to have a check button to say "exclude bank accounts" and then you would be left with your assets, portfolio, liability etc. Or, at least some way to handle that sort of situation. Maybe it could indicate in the report bank accounts excluded or something, or list them with -- instead of numerical values to reflect that they are not being included in the report. Anyway, just a thought.

Thanks again for all your help. :)

Jade

reconciled vs unreconciled when modifying

Hi!

It appears to me that when I modify a transaction that is reconciled and then press cmd-s to save it, the confirmation box appears to verify I really want to make the change.

However, if I do the same thing to an unreconciled transaction and press cmd-s, it just automatically saves it, the confirmation box does not appear. This means, if you aren't paying close attention (i.e. don't look up after pressing cmd-s and just press enter to confirm the change) you actually duplicate the transaction (same as pressing add button).

Just checking, is this working as designed? If so, that's fine, I just didn't realize and ended up duplicating a few transactions by accident before I realized it. It became fairly apparent when my account balance was way out of wack.

Thanks as always. :)

Jade

:oops: Hi, sorry, I don't know how I missed creating a new topic for the reconciled/unreconciled problem. If you want me to do so and copy that portion into a new topic let me know.

Sorry for any confusion!

J. :roll:

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
yes, it was designed that way actually. You get a warning only if you try to modify a reconciled transaction. But you say you create duplicates when pressing cmd-S?

About your first report, I don't understand it. I would need an example.

didier

Cmd-S

About cmd-s = save , it doesn't duplicate the transaction for me (Mac version) - it just updates it.

However, it would be handy to have the 'Change' button greyed (like not available) when a transaction is saved or has not yet been modified. That would quickly inform when/if you can select another transaction without loosing your current modifications.

Another option would be: After any change within the bottom pane, if the transaction has not been saved before selecting another one, there could be a warning 'Save updated transaction ? - yes - no'