OFX problem

didier

Hi ! When I import statements from my bank in OFX (money) format all works fine except for credit card commissions that have (all) the same <FITID> as the purchased item. Only the item record is imported, the commission record is skipped. If manually I change the <FITID> of the commission then all works fine, but it is not practical at all...

Any idea on how to go around the problem ?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You should ask your bank to fix this OFX export bug. Following the OFX standard the <FITID> is a unique transaction identifier. The specification says:
<FITID> is an OFX tag that is present in every downloaded transaction (each individual entry in the user's statement). This value is assigned by the FI and must be: a) unique within the user's account and b) never changed. Finance software uses this value to determine whether or not a transaction has been previously downloaded. If the value assigned to an individual transaction changes, then the user may have a duplicate entry appear in their client software since the client will not filter out the transaction (thinking it is new). If the value is not unique, then the user may have missing transactions since the client will filter out the transaction (thinking it was previously downloaded).

used to avoid importing duplicates.

didier

Thanks for the clarification. I guess it is the only option to solve the problem, though I have little hope that the bank complies... Anyways I'll contact them.