Non existent domain

panchopal

I am using version 2.2 on XP Pro, I am not able to check any address because all the domains appear to be non existent. I tried the Nslookup command and I am able to get an answer from the domain. What could be the problem? Thanks...

panchopal

Problems with DNS

I did that, I thought that there could be trouble with the DNS but the problem still remains. Can you think of anything else that could be wrong?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
If eMail Verifier can't query a DNS server to lookup domains you will get that error. Right now it seems there is no access to a valid/working/accessible DNS server. Note that e-mail verifier uses Nslookup, the one that comes with XP.

panchopal

In the machine that the email verifier is installed, from the command line I can use the NSlookup command. So the NSlookup is able to verify the domains, do you have any idea of what the problem could be?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I am asking you to get an idea of what the problem could be but so far I have no response. Maybe it is a proxy problem, anti-virus, Firewall... Not sure though.

Yul

I am using version 2.2 on XP Pro, I am not able to check any address because all the domains appear to be non existent. I tried the Nslookup command and I am able to get an answer from the domain. What could be the problem? Thanks...

On my local area network :
(The IPs configs uses the same submask, DNS, etc...)
eMail Verifier gives good results under Mac OS X.4.7,
and, for the same e-mail list,
Code:
MX Result <[email protected]> -> [[Bad e-mail] No MX found for [MACHIN.FR]]
under XP...
(Nslookup command gives me good answers too...)

How can I use eMail Verifier under XP ?

Yul

Yep, the address I'm using is ok.
(If not, it wouldn't work under MacOS 10.4)

Any idea ?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I am able here to do the lookup however NSLookup sometimes returns the 'non existent domain' error. Then I try with telnet to connect to the corresponding MX server but I get an error. So I think the 'machin.fr' has problems. DNS problems and MX server issues. Have you asked the hostmaster?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I can test that address without problems:
Code:
[01] 8/30 20:32:34 MX <[email protected]> -> [mx.fr.oleane.com]
[01] 8/30 20:32:34 > CONNECT TO: [mx.fr.oleane.com]
[01] 8/30 20:32:35 220 smtp17.clb.oleane.net ESMTP France-Telecom Oleane; Wed, 30 Aug 2006 20:32:37 +0200
[01] 8/30 20:32:35 > HELO maxprog.com
[01] 8/30 20:32:35 250 smtp17.clb.oleane.net Hello 126.Red-80-35-236.staticIP.rima-tde.net [80.35.236.126], pleased to meet you
[01] 8/30 20:32:35 > MAIL FROM:<[email protected]>
[01] 8/30 20:32:35 250 2.1.0 <[email protected]>... Sender ok
[01] 8/30 20:32:35 > RCPT TO:<[email protected]>
[01] 8/30 20:32:36 250 2.1.5 <[email protected]>... Recipient ok
[01] 8/30 20:32:36 221 2.0.0 smtp17.clb.oleane.net closing connection
This response is correct.

Yul

Me too... On Mac...

However I can't get any result on PC (XP SP2).
I'm trying your software because one of my customers is looking for something like email verifier...
I've installed the demo version and he can't get no more result than me on his PC...

Maybe there's a thing to do to get it working... But what ?