Newbie, probably silly question!

greenmorpher

Is it possible to rename and reorder the list columns for different lists? Or are they fixed and the same for all -- First name, Surname, Company, E-mail Address, Opt 1, Opt 2, etc.

I have read all of what I think applies in the manual (and even some more!) but there seems to be no way to set these up as I like. Of course, I can do what I like with tags, but I would like to have the headings appropriate for ease of working with them, and I would like to have them different for different lists. For example, I email to colleges and universities as one part of my business, to small business, particularly retail, cor another, and to associations and societies for a third. Each has its own differing type of address structure.

Any way to do this or is this just not possible? :?:

Cheers, geoff

Geoffrey Heard
The Ad-Doctor-Online
http://www.ad-doctor-online.com

harringg

Edit>Rename Tags (double click on the Value column to change the heading text)

I do think this only 'sticks' for each Mailing List (File>New)

Mailing 1:
First Name | Surname | Company | E-mail Address | Opt 1 (Address) | Opt 2 (Phone Number)

Mailing 2:
First Name | Surname | Company | E-mail Address | Opt 1 (Department) | Opt 2 (Title)

The first four fields are fixed, AFAIK.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
That's correct and if you want to rename tags for all the future mailings, do the renaming from the preferences.

greenmorpher

Thank you people! Oh dear, I told you it was probably a stupid question and that I had found renaming the tags. I did a trial renaming … but didn't notice that the result was a renaming of the column heads.

I know anno domini is taking its toll, but I didn't realize it was so dominant yet.

Many thanks -- I am up and running (but slowly).

Cheers, geoff