new version crashing

lesplan

Hello there

I just downloaded the new version of MBM and now everytime I send it crashes the program (Mac OS). I tried a number of different files that I know work.

I have been using MBM for years and this is the first time I have experienced a major problem like this.

I can send the crash report if you want.

Can you please advise ASAP?

Eric Wieczorek

danrabinowitz

We're experiencing repeatable crashes with Format=StyledText

We're experiencing repeatable crashes with Format=Styled Text.

When we click on Preview, there's a message that says "Encoding Styled Text" and then it crashes. Every time.

We were planning on sending out an email tomorrow! Not sure what we'll do now, since this version crashes.

Can we download the previous version (7.5)?

-dan

lesplan

What I did was go into my Time Machine back up and replace the 'new' MBM version with the older one in the applications folder.

It looks like MBM did not do enough testing before they released this new version.

kev

I'm using 7.6 and having no issues at all.

To upgrade LM, I only copied over the 2 newest if that helps you troubleshoot.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
In roughly 0.1% of computers (or probably less), replacing one version with a newer one can cause this problem. The solution is explained here. v7.6 works perfects, it is almost identical to v7.5 except a few little fixes.

lesplan

Hi Stan

Two people are reporting major problems.

I need to send emails over the next two weeks, so I'll leave the old version on my machine. I'll have more time to do troubleshooting in June.

Eric