New problem- import from Mac address book mix-up

crazylev

Greetings Stan.

I've encounter a new problem when I import a list of names from Apple address book to recipients on MB file.

First, I'm running OS 10.5.6 G5, using MB 6.4 (but this has been occurring for the past few updates.

The problem looks like this: If I grab a bunch of addresses from address book and place them in the recipients window in MB, some of my entries place a company name for a few of my addresses that don't or shouldn't have a company associated with them.

Example: Name: Steve Jobs Company: Apple
Name: Bill Gates Company (intentionally left blank
Name: Jonathan's mom Company: (left blank, not applicable)

So using the above three samples, if I pull those three into MB, they look like this:

Name: Steve Jobs Company: Apple
Name: Bill Gates Company: Apple
Name: Jonathan's mom Company: Apple

If you need further info, let me know.

Thanks

Not Jonathan's mom

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
How do you import entries from the address book? Does it only happen with the company field?

crazylev

Hi Stan.

I've tried a few things: If I drag several selected AB entries and drop them onto MB, this is when i have that problem. If I just drag and drop one of the offending entries by itself, it seems fine.

It's just when I drag and drop multiple entries that somehow a mysterious company name becomes associated with a recipient that did not have a company to begin with.

Am I making any sense?

Jonathan

crazylev

So Stan,

This happens when you do this too? I thought this might be one of those cases where I'd be the only one and everyone would think I'm crazy.

Well, I'm just slightly nuts.

Thanks for looking into this and let us know your scientific findings.

Cheers.

Jonathan