MLM web page not show the all tracked info from "statistics"

]this puzzles me:
sending html mail to a remote list worked fine. tracking works fine within bulkmailer-statistics. But on the web interface of MLM the statistics are not all shown - only clicks are counted. (pls see screenshot;)

I would greatly appreciate advice on how to have these tracking results show up in the web interface of mlm, too.

Thanks, Robert

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Re: MLM web page not show the all tracked info from "statist

Yes, that's weird because the query and function to get stats is the same for MaxBulk Mailer and the web interface. Are you 100% sure the delivery number is the same? You are using the same MLM version? I ask that because I have seen cases of users with several MLM installs in difference servers.

@stan
where (in which file) do I find the version number of the mlm installed on the server ?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

The version is in the lm.php file.

Or you can use this command: lm.php?cmd=GetVersion&pwd=YOUR_MLM_PASSWORD

Hi Stan,

I presume I have the latest versions:

MLM
$script_name = "Maxprog List Manager";
$script_version = "3.1.6";

MaxBulk Mailer
Version:
8.4.9-US

The problem is still there:
In MaxBulkmailer, the "Statistics" tab shows correct tracking
In MLM, the corresponding delivery shows up, but every delivery I looked at has "1 click" as tracking result, nothing else. The actual tracking information does not show, only the delivery number.

Also, I can upload / download mailing lists from Maxbulkmailer to MLM.

However, when I try to upload a mailing list (example; an exported mailing list as .txt file) through the MLM web interface, the import always failed ("..imported 0 adresses...)
BUT importing that same list into Maxbulkmailer and then using Maxbulkmailers "upload to MLM" command to upload to MLM server works fine.

How can I get the Web interface to work properly ? (we really like tracking mailings on mobile devices and I like to have them archived on the MLM web interface)

Thanks, Robert

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

Weird, are you sure you are connecting to the same place, I ask because MaxBulk Mailer and the web interface use the same exact code. I don't understand how the same code shows different results, reason why I wonder if you have several installations of MLM on same or different servers...

Stan,

according to what you said I deleted any other installation of MLM on server in other folder, hoping this would solve the problem.
(I had a difficult time installing and ran the installer & created databases several times with unsatisfying results)

But I am getting still the same result. tracking in Maxbulkmailer is still working, and in the corresponding MLM the deliveries show up, but tracking openings, unsubscribes, clicks does not work.

attached are error messages I now get for sending every message:

[MLM] Error selecting database in RemoveExpiredRequestsFromDB()
1044: Access denied for user 'pappych_bulkma'@'server25.hostpoint.internal' to database 'pappych_mailer'

I know the ID pappych_bulkma refers to a deleted sql database ; where do I correct that information (to put in the correct credentials for the database pappych_mailer) in order not to get the error message ?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

All the mySQL settings info, including the credentials are in the lm_settings.php file, at the end of it. But note that the settings are for all MLM tables, not only that one. Anyway perhaps you should consider deleting everything and start over. There is something wrong with your install. Not sure what but it doesn't work as it should...

Thanks for the good advice, Stan.

I did delete it all & reinstalled, things work as they should.

I have only one question left to which I did not find an answer yet:
when I want to use a form to subscribe to a mailing List
e.g
href="http://pappy.ch/news/lm/html/subscribe_single_selection.php
I can fill out the fields, click submit - then a page appears which tells me "you are redirected..."
and I land again on the same form. The data entered does not show up on MLM in any List.

I presume I need to enter the setting WHICH LIST this form subscribes to:

1. how do I do that in : single_selection.php
(I have a choice of List 1, List 2, List 3 - but these lists are not on mlm - how can I create these lists and link them to the pull down menu of single_selection.php )

2. how do I do that in : single_fixed.php

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

Why don't you use the AUTO version of that subscription page?