mlm remote connection fix

jgoodnough

I have been struggling with getting MBM to connect to a remote mySQL database set up via mlm. MBM could not find the db file no matter what I did. I finally figured out the problem. When you enter the URL path in the MBM prefs window you must put the entire URL INCLUDING the php commands.

While most pathnames just require that you point to the file location, MBM wants you to include the php commands including the password (even though it's listed on the line below the URL path) like this:

http://yoursitename.com/mlm/mlm.php?cmd ... list=list1[;list2;...]&pwd=password

If the php commands are missing MBM simply displays "idle" in the status line.

In the prefs window it would be more accurate to have a label that says, "URL plus command path"

jgoodnough

Well, I had my URL entered exactly as you indicated in the MBM prefs and it would not work. I tried everything I could think of including contacting my ISP about any possible permission problems. When I changed the URL to include the command it started working. It sure does seem like it needs the command.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Actually adding the command it should not work at all as MaxBulk arealdy add it. Weird.

ianblackford

I had exactly this problem. So I upgraded to the pro script (not sure that is absolutely necessary - unless you want the import facility), then I ran the uninstall command and set about doing it all again.

It's all working fine now.

Oh and previously I had moved the files out of their folders, I suggest leaving them where they are.

Hope that helps.