MLM Installed....now what?

dhwinn

Hi

I am not a complete noob, but pretty close. I have installed MLM and it appears to have installed correctly. I have uploaded some of my lists. I have sent a test message with the [unsubscribe] tag in the message and that link works properly (the e-mail address was removed from the list.)

What I don't know how to do is add a "subscribe" function to my message.

Please help.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
There is no such thing. For subscriptions look at the sample page in the '...lm/html/' folder on your server.

dhwinn

Yes, I see the samples in the html folder.

I guess what I am asking is - what do I do with them?

I am hoping for a detailed answer, not just 'create a page using the php sample pages'.

I understand it may be beyond my capabilities, as I know almost nothing about php, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Thx.

dishpan

I have & something new seems to go askew each time…
I just re-installed MLM & now I'm getting a 404 error in Stats, where it can't find the Im script.

Worse yet > the MLM install (through MBM) states that Im_settings.php already exists & has to be overwritten — even when the directory is clean. A though there's a problem with MBM itself?

Also, now no links work properly in the email, becoming a stream of letters/numbers.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
MLM has a built-in FTP client. If that built-in FTP client says a file exists, believe me, it exists for sure. Anyway, that doesn't matter a lot. What is your new MLM address? By the way, why did you reinstall it?

dishpan

First off, thanks for the help… I re-installed to see if starting from scratch was necessary — perhaps something I glazed over needed to be re-done.

I may have just found the problem! From my web-hosts:It is possible to connect from external source to Mysql if you have a VPS or Dedicated server. Shared hosting does not allow it.

I'm on shared… would this be the issue? Any suggestions on a way around, or should I be looking for a new host?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
It is clear MLM needs a mySQL connection, what do you mean, you can't connect to a mySQL server to store your data?