MLM functionality can only be used from the web interface

I am using the 8.5 version on a Mac. Although the first time I installed MLM I was able to have the functionality of the web based interface from Maxbulk Mailer as well, recently this is not the case.

Specifically, from inside Maxbulk Mailer I can create a new list and upload it to MLM. However, I cannot rename it or delete it from inside Maxbulk Mailer. I also don't get any statistics from inside Maxbulk Mailer. All these things can still be done from the web based interface, so the problem is not really severe but I wonder whether I can fix this problem. Maybe some sort of permissions?

Thanks for any help!
George

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Re: MLM functionality can only be used from the web interfac

Ok, but you have access to the 'Statistics' button, right? Or it is grayed out?

stanbusk said:
Ok, but you have access to the 'Statistics' button, right? Or it is grayed out?

Yes, I have access to the button and when I click it the Statistics window opens but it does not seem to do anything else. I see no statistics and no actions for any delivery and the 'Update now' button is not clickable.

George

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

What URL do you have for MLM in the MaxBulk Mailer preferences?

stanbusk said:
What URL do you have for MLM in the MaxBulk Mailer preferences?

Well, I have the one that when I click 'Go' it takes me to the MLM web interface.
Specifically, http://…/~home_dir/lm/lm.php

Should I have another?

George

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

Is it a direct link? with absolutely no forwards? The web interface will follow forwards, Direct MLM links will not.

stanbusk said:
Is it a direct link? with absolutely no forwards? The web interface will follow forwards, Direct MLM links will not.

Yes, I confirm the link is direct. There is another issue which may or may not be related to this. From inside Maxbulk Mailer I can create a new remote list and upload it to MLM. However, I cannot rename it or delete it from inside the application. These options just don't work for remote lists, even though they work for local ones.

George

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

When you open the statistics window, do you get the deliveries loaded on the left side?

stanbusk said:
When you open the statistics window, do you get the deliveries loaded on the left side?

Here is another somewhat strange thing. I think I am getting the new ones but also many old ones which, however, I have deleted a long time ago from the web interface and I don't see them there (on the web interface) any more. And of course if I select any of the deliveries, the statistics is still empty.

George

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

Ok but do you get the deliveries loaded on the left side?

stanbusk said:
Ok but do you get the deliveries loaded on the left side?

I am sorry, but I need to know exactly what you mean, with respect to the answer I have already given above. If the question is whether the deliveries are loaded on the left side, as opposed to, say, on the right side, the answer is that whatever I see regarding deliveries is on the left side. If the question is whether I see any deliveries at all, I answered it in my previous posting. I fail to see what more I could say here. :?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

Ok, so if you see the deliveries on the left, can you check them, activate the checkbox? What happens?

stanbusk said:
Ok, so if you see the deliveries on the left, can you check them, activate the checkbox? What happens?

Yes, I can check them. For some I see some statistics, for others I see nothing. For the latter, I can click on 'Update now' but it will still show me empty statistics. And I don't understand why I see so many deliveries when on the web interface I have just a small number (I have deleted the rest). How can I get read of old deliveries from within MaxBulk Mailer? Checking on any of the deliveries and then trying to find some delete command does not work.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

You can open the MaxBulk Mailer history thru the 'Window > History' menu and then delete deliveries.

stanbusk said:
You can open the MaxBulk Mailer history thru the 'Window > History' menu and then delete deliveries.

Oh well, this thing beats me completely. I went into the application to do what you suggested and, guess what. Since yesterday all the deliveries I could see from inside MaxBulk Mailer (Statistics) are gone! And history is completely empty too. Of course, the web based interface still has the deliveries that should have.

Aside from the fact that I don't understand why they have disappeared, I also don't understand why the two systems (application and web interface) don't automatically synchronize with each other. In any case, now I cannot see any deliveries from inside MaxBulk Mailer. :?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

MLM doesn't have that history information, MLM registers actions. Then MaxBulk Mailer History information used with MLM actions give the statistics.