Missing feature

jamo

Hello,

I am testing iCash now and it looks great. I only miss one feature: a graph about the balance of an account for a month or another period of time. Now I only can get this in reports (account summary).
With a graph I can see if there is a returning behavior in the balance during a period of time. Now I export it to Excel to make the graph.
Is it possible to add this feature?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Do you want a chart showing how an account balance evolves during a given amount of time?

jamo

Yes, that's correct. I use the Dutch version, so I'm having some difficulties in translating the correct words in English ...

Stevie

Other missing features...

I am looking into buying iCash but I have found it to be lacking a few features I would surely appreciate. I have only been using it for a couple of days, but the lack of the first five of these features is making the transition difficult from Quicken and Moneydance.

1) A bold or colored line in the transaction list below the current date. (Most finance softwares show this.)

2) A "Balance" column next to the "Amount" column. (It would be much easier to see the current balance as you enter or view transactions... Also a feature in most finance softwares.)

3) Add options to double click on the overview, directing you to the correct transaction list.

4) Add liabilities like CCs to the account list when viewing the transaction list.

5) Improve the "find as you type" implementation.

6) The ability to right click on the headers to turn columns on or off. It would be nice to be able to drag them into a custom order as well...

7) Use or import address book contacts. Maybe tie the app into an address book group.

8) Add an Invoice/PO module.

I hope this helps... I will be watching this app closely in the hopes some of these features appear soon.

Thanks,
Steve

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I don't understand #1.

About #2, this is the account statement report.

About #3, you can already show the transaction breakdown right below balance view. Clicking a type, category or account then show the corresponding transactions.

I don't understand #4. Where do you want Ccs added?

Stevie

1) Most finance softwares show a bold or colored line at the bottom of the transaction list to differentiate from transactions that haven't occured yet. This way you can enter transaction in the future and easily see what has passed and what hasn't. This is one of only a few financial softwares missing this yet it is only a minor feature.

2) If you look at many of the other financial softwares (ie. Quicken, Moneydance, etc.) a simple "Balance" column next to the "Amount" column on the transaction list page would make it much easier to see the current balance after each transaction... Obviously this column would become disabled when looking at the transaction list with "all" transactions showing. I guess I am just one of those people who like to see how each transaction effects the balance... Actually it is inconvenient to have to go to the overview page just to see the actual balance as you enter each transaction.

3) I was speaking of double clicking on the account overview, didn't notice clicking on the transaction would take you there instead...

4) Add the account type "liabilities" (like CCs) to the default drop-down account list view on the transaction list page. Currently, the "Bank" accounts show at the top of the list and you need to dig to find liability or asset accounts. I think types like Banks, Liabilities, Assets and other accounts that would have lists you would visit often when entering data should be listed in the default drop-down... Or at least make it customizable.

And just one more thing to make life easier...

9) Develop a simpler method for reconciling or better documentation to teach people how you recommend doing it with your software. I found it a bit difficult to understand and figure out. Not sure if I got it right yet...

sascha

I'm using iCash (win, de) close a year for my private finances and it is so great. Actually v3.3 .

There are some features I miss:
1. Like I can dublicate transactions, it would be nice if I could create a sceduled transaction from an existing transaction. So if I see, there is an repeating transaction every month, I can copy the values from the existing transaction.

2. If I create a new transaction mostly I remind the weekday instead of the day in month. So an additional calendar popup for the day in month value would be great (like the duplicate popup).

3. From my calculator I'm used to enter ,05 instead of 0,05. iCash need 0,05
:(

4. At my transactions there are some accounts used often and some not. So for the creation of a new transaction it would be nice if at the first popup list only the often used accounts apear and the rarely used comes with an extra entry in the list (like 'show all accounts' yet). Btw I remind, that in an older version I could use the mouse wheel to scroll the transaction list and when in the accout popup list the mouse wheel scrolls the popup list. In the actual version (3.3) there is always the transaction list scrolling, also if the account popup is visible.

5. I have the habbit to enter my daily expenses for one day in chronological order I made them (for better recall). If I now forgot one and made the entry at last it would also appear at last. It would be great, if I could reorder the transactions of one day.

6. Grouping in the sceduler. Some sceduled transactions on my side are in one transaction by the automatic order filling (e.g. some insurances are different transaction on my side but one for the assurance company). So I want the sceduled transactions inserted as a group so I can them better compare to my account statement.

Thanks,
Sascha

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
#1 - yes. That will be added.

#2 - ok

#3 - I will look at that

#4 - I will look at that as well

#5 - Not sure if it is possible. The only way would be recoding/editing the time... Right now transaction for the same day are sorted as they were entered.

#6 - yes, same for favorites by the way.

jamo

I am still missing this feature in iCash 7. I tried to attach an Excel sheet or PDF with an example of what I mean, but it is not allowed.

jamo

The one with which I started the topic: "a chart showing how an account balance evolves during a given amount of time".

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
If I open the Chart window, select a bank, what I see is the balance evolution. Is this what you are looking for? It looks like the feature were added.