MBM uploading to MLM

aordway

Running MBM 8.4.7-US and MLM on OS X 10.9.1 Server with PHP Version 5.4.17.

I can manually create a list on the lm.php webpage. I can manually add subscribers to the list on the web page. I can not upload from MBM and I can not upload via the Upload link in the lm.php?cmd=admin&action=showlists or the html/upload_list.php.

I was getting this error:
[Tue Feb 18 11:56:28 2014] [error] [client 184.182.233.129] PHP Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/lm/lm_functions.php on line 1926

Looks like eregi is deprecated in php 5.3 so I tried fixing that and ended up just commenting out that section, except for the return true. Now at least it looks like it is starting to upload, but then I get this error and have no idea how to fix it:
[Tue Feb 18 12:41:57 2014] [error] [client 184.182.233.129] PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/lm/lm_admin.php on line 1470, referer: http://minicmaps.ihmc.us/lm/lm.php

I would like to use MLM but I can't get a list uploaded...help

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Try to replace this line:

if ( !eregi( "^[_a-z0-9-]+(\.[_a-z0-9-]+)*@[a-z0-9-]+(\.[a-z0-9-]+)*(\.[a-z]{2,4})$", $email ) ) {

with

if ( !preg_match( "^[_a-z0-9-]+(\.[_a-z0-9-]+)*@[a-z0-9-]+(\.[a-z0-9-]+)*(\.[a-z]{2,4})$/i", $email ) ) {

About your second error, you should not see warnings, have you activated MLM debugging?

aordway

I changed the comparison line in the isEmailValid function. I uploaded a file to a list I had created that had no entries in it. Got the following:
0 address(es) have been uploaded to 'test2'.
MLM has found 0 duplicate(s) and 0 bad address(es).

Checked the apache log file and have these two errors:
[Wed Feb 19 09:21:27 2014] [error] [client 184.182.233.132] PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/lm/lm_admin.php on line 1470
[Wed Feb 19 09:21:48 2014] [error] [client 184.182.233.132] PHP Warning: preg_match(): No ending delimiter '^' found in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/lm/lm_functions.php on line 1926, referer: http://minicmaps.ihmc.us/lm/lm.php?cmd= ... ion=upload

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Warnings are great but those two are irelevant. Are you uploading a list that is already in MaxBulk Mailer?

acanas

Here is a detailed report on the status:

1) From the web page interface, we can create lists, and we can users to the lists, if we do it one by one. This works fine.

2) From MaxBulk Mailer: if a list is opened, and "Upload to MLM" is selected, the interface shows the remote lists.

a) If the option "New List..." is selected, uploading a list of 3087 entries with no duplicates results in the message: "No recipients have been uploaded to the remote list 'xxxxx'. Check your list and try again." The list I was uploading has been used for years to send emails from MaxBulk Mailer, and we sent an email from it two days ago. So the list is fine. The web interface shows the list was created with 6 entries, but when you click on the list, no entries are displayed. Looking at the database, the entries are blank.

b) Appending to an existing list: Created a list with 2 users using the Web interface. Then tried to "append" the existing list in MaxBulk Mailer with 3087 entries. Same result, "No recipients have been uploaded..." was displayed. The list still contains the 2 entries.

3) Selecting "Remote Lists" in MaxBulk Mailer does display the lists in the server and their entries. Manually adding an entry to the '2 users' list works. It now displays the 3 users.

4) Uploading a file using the Web interface: Create a new list using the Web interface. Uploaded a file with a single email address. The result was: "0 address(es) have been uploaded to "YYY". MLM has found 0 duplicate(s) and 0 bad addresss(es).

Hope this provides some insight into what is happening.

ajc;

acanas

I activated MLM debugging. Uploading through the web interface a file with one entry to a new mailing list generates the following:

Notice: Undefined variable: contents in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/lm/lm_functions.php on line 1774

Notice: Undefined variable: thelists in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/lm/lm_functions.php on line 607

Notice: Undefined variable: thelists in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/lm/lm_functions.php on line 2716

Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/lm/lm_functions.php on line 314

Warning: preg_match(): No ending delimiter '^' found in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/lm/lm_functions.php on line 1926

Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/lm/lm_functions.php on line 316

Warning: preg_match(): No ending delimiter '^' found in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/lm/lm_functions.php on line 1926

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/lm/lm_functions.php on line 318

Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/lm/lm_functions.php on line 326

Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/lm/lm_functions.php on line 328

Notice: Undefined variable: query_insert_values in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/lm/lm_functions.php on line 464

Notice: Undefined variable: thebadones in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/lm/lm_functions.php on line 581

acanas

From the web interface, displaying the lists results in the following messages:

Notice: Undefined variable: result in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/lm/lm_functions.php on line 2898

Notice: Use of undefined constant fld_list - assumed 'fld_list' in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/lm/lm_functions.php on line 2899

Notice: Undefined variable: result in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/lm/lm_functions.php on line 2899

Notice: Use of undefined constant fld_list - assumed 'fld_list' in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/lm/lm_functions.php on line 2899

Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/lm/lm_admin.php on line 1470

Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/lm/lm_admin.php on line 1470

Notice: Undefined variable: mycount in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/lm/lm_admin.php on line 118

Notice: Undefined variable: mycount in /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/lm/lm_admin.php on line 119

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I see no issue, 'Notice' and 'Warnings' are not errors, just information. You have turn debugging off else all you will get are notifications and warnings.

acanas

And how do I fix the problem. What else do you need us to post?

It just *doesn't* work for uploading lists.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Deactivate debugging and try to upload from the 'upload.php' page a small file. a text file with the email in the fourth column.

acanas

OK, there is no "upload.php" page.. in fact I couldn't find an "upload.php" file.

Using the web interface, I clicked on Upload and from the

http://minicmaps.ihmc.us/lm/lm.php?cmd= ... ion=upload

page I uploaded a text file with a single line, which I attached to this message.

The result was:

0 address(es) have been uploaded to 'NewListTest'.
MLM has found 0 duplicate(s) and 0 bad address(es).

The list was created but has no entries.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The upload file is '.../lm/html/upload_list.php'. Could you paste here the text you get in that screen, not all the page, just the paragraph about your server settings.

Your text file is ok.

acanas

This is the text:

At this moment the PHP interpreter running on your server has the safe mode set to OFF, max_execution_time is set to 1800 seconds, max_input_time to 60 seconds, memory_limit to 128M, post_max_size to 8M and upload_max_filesize to 2M. Note that a value of -1 means unlimited.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Your settings are a bit strict but the file with a single address should be handled. That means your server has set PHP or Apache on your account a way that prevent the POST of data to work. It is very likely per security. You should contact them and confirm that.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Do you mean adding addresses after a log in? That has nothing to do with uploading a list. To create a recipient you just use a single command. An HTTP upload is much more complex.

aordway

stanbusk said:
Your settings are a bit strict but the file with a single address should be handled. That means your server has set PHP or Apache on your account a way that prevent the POST of data to work. It is very likely per security. You should contact them and confirm that.

If you want to take a look at the settings I have enabled the info.php at http://minicmaps.ihmc.us/info.php

I think they are set correctly and should allow uploading of files.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Actually the best would be to contact your server support. Try to import one address and then ask them to look at the PHP or Apache logs to see if there are warnings or errors.