MBM Schedules

ianblackford

Hi

I was just playing with sending a mailing on a timed schedule. Just out of interest I set the schedule up then quit the program, of course, MBM didn't send the mail.

My question is therefore - is there anyway for a schedule to interact with the computers Cron tabs and auto boot the app when the schedule is about to action?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Right now you can't use MaxBulk Mailer with Cron. We would have to create another kind of scheduler and some kind of console application.

ianblackford

I was thinking about this after I posted - would it be possible to use something like CroniX on the mac to boot the app? I think the schedule gets lost after you quit though so I'm not sure if this would be of benefit.

I was only musing ways of making MBM more like an autoresponder - and trying to automate my marketing releasing me concentrate on getting the work done.

Making MBM into an autoresponder opens up a whole new can of worms like only sending to new contacts on a remote list etc - I guess it's a lot more work than just scheduling?

Thanks for the reply Stan