MBM Scheduled emailings

I'm a moderately heavy user of MBM with an online school.

I love it! It's great programming.

I have a strong immediate need to use it for course content delivery, in order to pace the students, but it's very tedious to use the limited scheduling available.

Would it be possible to have it release the emails in a folder at a set interval (say, 24 hours) beginning on a particular start date? I'd like to be able to do that from the same computer that does my daily list mailings, possibly with a second instance of MBM.

thanks,

Professor John Amaral [email protected]

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure I understand your request. What problem do you have with current scheduling feature?

scheduled series of mailings

<<Not sure I understand your request. What problem do you have with current scheduling feature?>>

Currently, each document must be individually scheduled. This is very tedious when you have a large series of mailings you need to send.

In my case, I have 30 documents to be sent in order 24 hours apart. These are assignments for a course and the intention is to pace a single student. This situation is multiplied by many courses of assignments. Each student's assignments run asynchronously with those of other students and may be customized.

However, I think this is a general problem for anyone who wants to initiate a series of mailings when he has a new prospect. I can think of other applications, such as reminders, monthly billing, and so on.

One solution would be to schedule a folder of documents for consecutive delivery on a set interval.

I suppose another solution might be an editor that operates on a folder of documents to set their individual release times. In the case of computer failure, past due documents would trigger for mailing when the pc is available again.

Thank you for your consideration.

Professor John Amaral