MBM Icons now white.

crazylev

Hi Stan,

On a less serious note, but kind of unusual, since upgrading from my earlier version 6 to 8.3.3, all my MBM file icons now just appear as the white sheet with right corner folded down.

All the files op-en and work fine, but the icons turned "generic".

This on a Mac running 10.6.8

Ideas on this?

Thanks.

Jonatan

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Use the Finder 'File > Get Info' menu. From that window you can set the default application for the MaxBulk Mailer documents again.

crazylev

Hi Stan,

Yeah. That's the first thing I tried, but it didn't change the icons.

Like I said, no a real big deal as long as file works ok. But if theres anything else you could recommend.....

Thanks.

J

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The other thing is to run Onyx and repair your system. Your problem us indeed a system problem, not a MaxBulk Mailer problem. Icons are handled by the operating system.

crazylev

Hi Stan,

I just thought I would re-visit this situation, though again not serious in the scheme of things.

From one year ago, I'm running OS 10.8.2 with the latest version of MBM.

Attached is a screen grab of the icons.

Again, I did go into the "Get Info" and made sure that "Open With" was defaulted to MBM.

Very odd.

Thanks.

Jonathan

lesplan

I have experienced this problem as well over the past 18 months or so.

The program seems to work OK, but it would be nice to get the customized icons back.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
This is an operating system problem. The system is the one that displays icons. Anyway, is the MaxBulk Mailer folder in your Application folder?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I recommend you to download Onyx. It is a tool that can help you fix problems on your system. Go to the 'Automation' panel, select all the options and click on the 'Execute' button. Then restart your computer and check if your problem has been fixed.

If your problem has not been fixed you will have to run the tasks manually. Note that you will be asked to reboot after each task. There is no need to do that, just reboot once you have run all the tasks.

Maintenance panel
- Run the permissions reparation from the first sub-panel by clicking on 'Execute'.
- Select the 'Daily', 'Weekly' and 'Monthly' scripts from the 'Scripts' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Select 'LaunchServices' and 'dyld's from the 'Rebuild' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button. (You can also select to rebuild the Spotlight Index).

Cleaning panel
- Check everything from the 'System' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check everything from the 'User' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check 'Browser Cache' and 'Download Cache' from the 'Internet' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check 'System and Users' from the 'Fonts' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check everything from the 'Logs' sub-panel *BUT* 'Conversations log of instant messaging' and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check 'Recent Items', 'Obsolete items' and 'Previous 'iTunes Libraries' from the 'Misc' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.

Let me know if that fixes the problem.