MaxProg products in a network.

Prodrive

Hi Stan,

I have made two observations you might tackle in course of further development concerning the use of MaxProg products in a network environment:

1. As I wrote earlier, MaxBulk Mailer always tries to connect to a network volume when there are documents in the "recent documents" list stored on this volume. If I forget to delete the "recent documents" list before I leave the office, I am not able to use MaxBulk Mailer on my MacBook Pro unless I delete the preferences. MaxBulk Mailer always crashes searching for documents on the disconnected network volume.

2. MaxProg programs don't flag a network volume as being used when there is an open document. So you may disconnect form a network volume without saving the document first.

May be you can look into this in course of further development.

I am using Mac OS X 10.6.3 on a MacBook Pro.

Regards

Prodrive

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
1. As I wrote earlier, MaxBulk Mailer always tries to connect to a network volume when there are documents in the "recent documents" list stored on this volume. If I forget to delete the "recent documents" list before I leave the office, I am not able to use MaxBulk Mailer on my MacBook Pro unless I delete the preferences. MaxBulk Mailer always crashes searching for documents on the disconnected network volume.
Actually MaxBulk Mailer checks if the recent documents are valid before adding them. This is the problem. I guess removing this check would fix the problem but as soon as you select one of those remote recent documents you would have the problem. Please open a support ticket so we can work this out together.
2. MaxProg programs don't flag a network volume as being used when there is an open document. So you may disconnect form a network volume without saving the document first.
The problem is that MaxBulk Mailer close the document as soon it has been loaded. As a result that flag is automatically removed.