Maxprog folder location

italovignoli

Is it possible to move the Maxprog folder to a different location? I am keeping all the program folders in a larger folder that I backup every day, and I just can't do with the Document folder both on Windows and Mac, as they're just way too big. Thanks.

italovignoli

If I move the folder to a different location, the software recreates the folder in the original one and doesn't use the folder that I've moved. Is there any configuration that I should change? If you mean that I can move the folder anywhere in my "documents and settings" Windows folder, this is exactly what I would like to avoid as I keep all the program folders outside that area (I have had HUGE problems in the past with programs keeping their config files there).

italovignoli

Windows XP with all the latest updates, and Mac OS X (Leopard), although Windows is the worse problem because I just hate Docs & Settings after I have lost all my configurations and emails because of a disk writing bug (which, by the way, can't be solved, and therefore it's still there: once out several unknown number of writes Windows gets crazy and deletes the contents of the entire directory). Thanks, Italo

italovignoli

The install procedure doesn't allow to choose a different location for the Maxprog folder, which is created by default in the Documents folder both on Windows and Mac OS. You can choose a different location for the program files, but I certainly don't mind about the executables. What I want to move to another location is the Maxprog folder, which contains the logs and the lists, and other useful documents.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Ok. I did not understand well. The 'maxprog/MaxBulk Mailer' folder can't be moved! Only the application folder.