MaxBulk Mailer List files

lithoart

I realise that the support files for (1) Lists and (2) Delivery Logs, in particular are updated (modified) when changed are made ---- e.g.; LIST file (say for example, LIST 1) is updated when an email record is added, deleted, or modified and the DELIVERY LOG is updated to reflect when a delivery is completed, etc

Are these files LOCKED while in use (I mean when the application is open and a file id opened --- say, MAIL.mbm)

I am using Mac OS 10.7.
I plan to use an application (called Synk) to sync the Folder
/Users/lithoart/Library/Application Support/Maxprog/MaxBulk Mailer in my iMac to the same folder /Users/lithoart/Library/Application Support/Maxprog/MaxBulk Mailer in my Mac Mini.
So I can use either the iMac or the Mac Mini using the same LIST files and have the same HISTORY showing in MBM.

Would the LIST files as well as the DELIVERY LOG file be accessible for syncing or will they be locked while in use?
Or will they be accessible to sync.

Also, if the first question works OK, will the LIST file opened on the iMac be automatically updated when the Mac Mini opens it?

Then if the Mac Mini say adds an email address and the LIST file is updated and synced to the iMac, will the LIST displayed on the iMac be updated?

Hope it makes sense.

Awaiting your thoughts on these......

Otherwise, I would be great if MBM ( and the rest of your apps) can be networkable. Anyone seconds that?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
MaxBulk Mailer doesn't lock files. About networkable lists we created MLM just for that! MLM is explained here.

lithoart

I am aware of MLM Remote Lists.

However, Remote List can behave differently to Local Lists.

If I drag & drop an Unsubscribe file or a Blacklist (Delete) file on a Local List, they are simply marked accordingly. This way in the future, I can check whether an email address I have unsubscribed before for whatever reason, can be treated as a "re-subscribe" address and treat it accordingly.

Aren't they simply deleted altogether in a Remote List? And possibly re-subscribed with "possibly" some issues with the client? I normally treat "re-subscribes" differently to start with BEFORE including they back into my Mainstream Mail Outs.

That's is why I would like a networkable List.

Additionally, I occasionally want to check my delivery History and Statistics from a different computer than which sent it.

Unless there are other ways to do this?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Right now there is no other way, what you want is to share lists and logs between computers on the same network. :? I take note anyway.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
What do you mean? Right now MaxBulk Mailer has not been designed to share resources on a local network :-/

lithoart

Are these the files that I will need to copy over in order to get the latest info (updated LISTS, DELIVERY info & CONNECTION LOGS) in my other Mac? (As if I am moving it over to ANOTHER Mac?)

/Users/lithoart/Library/Application Support/Maxprog/MaxBulk Mailer/Lists

/Users/lithoart/Library/Application Support/Maxprog/MaxBulk Mailer/Deliveries

/Users/lithoart/Library/Application Support/Maxprog/MaxBulk Mailer/Connection Logs

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Why don't you use the 'File > Settings > Export' menu on one computer, copy the resulting file to the other computer and then use the 'File > Settings > Import' menu. Much easier!

lithoart

Yes, it is easier. I understand.

However, if I knew exactly which files to copy over, then I can automate it with a Sync software. (Set it up then forget about it --- other computer will ALWAYS be up to date. I understand any changes here will NOT reflect on the original computer. But I will be able to view deliveries, history & statistics)

Unless your software can be scripted to do that?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Then you have to copy the files manually. They are:

~/Library/Application Support/Maxprog/MaxBulk Mailer/Lists
~/Library/Application Support/Maxprog/MaxBulk Mailer/Deliveries
~/Library/Application Support/Maxprog/MaxBulk Mailer/Connection Logs