MaxBulk Mailer Is Almost Perfect ... EXCEPT

MBMproUser

MaxBulk Mailer Is Almost Perfect ... EXCEPT it does not yet have proxy support.

Before anyone bashes the idea, let me explain.

1. There are private proxies that one can buy for one's exclusive use. Using such proxies is perfectly legitimate since you're using your own IP, not someone else's.

2. Mail delivery is greatly affected by the IP reputation, but one does not always have control over that, e.g. in shared hosting where many accounts share the same IP and who knows what the other accounts are mailing out? Viagara P*o*r*n or worse.

3. A tarnished IP (tarnished by others) can be blocked by one or more ISPs and the delivery will suffer, even if all the recipients are opt-in or doubly opt-in. The proxy feature will allow the use of private proxies that are clean and thus improve delivery.

4. Different ISPs may use different rules for blocking, e.g. rate of mailing. This has nothing to do with how legitimate (for example, all doubly opt-in) the email is. The ability to use multiple private proxies, with ability to rotate among them, will help re-distribute the load to two or more IPs and keep mailing rate below the blocking level, thus improving deliverability.

5. For the above and additional reasons, more mailer software are looking to add the proxies rotation feature.

BENEFITS:
A. Maintaining competitive edge. The ability to add, change and rotate private proxies solves many problems, present and future, that some whimsical ISPs may impose, or that other users of your IP (e.g. in a shared hosting or dynamic IP environment) may cause to the reputation of your IP used for your Internet connection.

B. Above concerns and problems addressed, making MaxBulk Mailer an even better product, with happier users and customers.

C. More sales for MaxBulk Mailer and better prices and profits for MaxProg.Com

D. Proxy rotation feature can be added to other MaxProg products, creating similar benefits and competitive advantages in them as well. E.g. Yahoo and Google limits searches from one IP per 24 hours (try http://dir.yahoo.com and do more than 1,000 records --- not allowed) Proxy rotation will overcome this. Similarly, many websites have such limitations for each IP as well. In short, proxy rotation feature, once mastered by MaxProg, can be leveraged over its other products to benefit all of them.

E. Being IP-blocked or IP-limited will become a more and more common restriction on the Internet, as big players try to transition to the metered-usage model. This means that proxy rotation will be increasingly important for Internet software in the future, and right now particularly important for email. So, it is just a matter of time MaxProg will be forced to provide this feature purely for reason of staying competitive. However, providing this feature early yields increased sales and profits. Providing this feature late (as a catch-up to competition) will not give anywhere nearly as much increase in sales and profits as doing it early.

F. I hope the need for proxy rotation is now abundantly clear. By providing this feature early, MaxProg will attract others to switch to MaxBulk Mailer and also buy more of MaxProg's products. Providing this feature late not only will mean lost sales, but may even cause some existing users to switch to the competition simply because they cannot wait.

G. In short there are just too many advantages for adding proxy rotation feature early and now, and too many competitive disadvantages for playing catch-up later.

For those who don't know what I am talking about, relax. This feature is an option and if you don't want it, just don't use it. But when you do need it, you need it right away and can switch it on. This optional feature won't make the program more complicated or more difficult to use, because the default is no proxy rotation. But frankly, it is not difficult to learn or use this very powerful feature. I must say that the User Interface of MaxBulk Mailer is very well done and so I have confidence that this powerful option will be implemented just as intuitively.

Thanks to MaxProg for the very excellent MaxBulk Mailer Pro. Proxy rotation feature will make it almost perfect, and ahead of the competition that provides proxy rotation because the latter just does not have as good a user interface as MaxBulk Mailer.

Those who share my enthusiasm, please second this suggestion and encourage MaxProg to add this important and powerful feature which will benefit not just MaxBulk Mailer Pro users, but also MaxProg.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure what I have to add to MaxBulk Mailer, I don't see the SMTP protocol has any mechanism to use proxy, it is something at server level, correct me if I am wrong.

bapval

Our company is using proxy + webwasher to reach the outside world... To connect to the smtp relay I need to go thrue all this stuff. Mac OS support proxy for hhtp, ftp but I didn't found anything within MaxBulk Mailer to enter my proxy login/password and reach the outside world... As the identification to the SMTP relay is IP based, I have to use the proxy.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed MaxBulk Mailer only works with direct SMTP server addresses. I don't know how to do it with proxies :-/