MaxBulk Mailer :: Confirm Opt-In for upload_file

steve

Can you show or point to the code that needs to be changed to make the upload_file function send confirmation emails?

Thanks!

steve

Sorry if I wasn't clear ;-)

Currently the upload_file.php adds the list of email addresses as subscribers, without sending them a "Confirm Opt-in" email.

We have many people at conferences and trainings who want to subscribe to our newsletter and manually fill out a paper card to subscribe. Someone on our staff enters those 50-100 addresses into a text file and I upload that list (upload_file.php).

I want to preserve the double opt-in process by having a "Confirm Opt In" email sent to them so they may click on the link to confirm and complete their subscription.

So I read somewhere in the forums that I needed to add that snippet of code to add that function. I just don't know where to find the code that does that.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
What you ask is a whole new feature actually, it is not an upload but a mass delivery of messages containing a link with a specific ID to let the recipient subscribe to the list. Right now I just wonder what would be the best way to do that...

jgoodnough

stanbusk said:
What you ask is a whole new feature actually, it is not an upload but a mass delivery of messages containing a link with a specific ID to let the recipient subscribe to the list. Right now I just wonder what would be the best way to do that...

Oh man this is what I want too. I have a similar situation where people are not online when they want to subscribe. I need to be able to send them a link to prompt them to do it later. This would be a huge feature in my mind.